Author Topic: 110th army troop royal engineers,East Lancashire.  (Read 51853 times)

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
Re: 110th army troop royal engineers,East Lancashire.
« Reply #135 on: Saturday 16 November 19 21:26 GMT (UK) »
Grandads reunion card.
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: Saturday 16 November 19 21:27 GMT (UK) »
Inside of reunion card
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: Saturday 15 February 20 21:46 GMT (UK) »
Philippines Agricultural college, Algeria. States billet on the back. Now I have another small piece of info as to where the 110th were.

Should have said Phillipeville.

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: Saturday 15 February 20 21:47 GMT (UK) »
War diaries you could order

WO 166/3609 ROYAL ENGINEERS: COMPANIES: 110 Army Troops Company 1940 July - 1941 Dec.
WO 166/8072 110 Company 1942 Jan-Oct
WO 167/934 110 Army Troops Company Royal Engineers 1939 Sep-1940 Mar, May, June
WO 169/10602 110 Army Troops Company 1943 July-Dec
WO 170/1627 Companies: 110 Company 1944 Jan-May
WO 170/1628 Companies: 110 Company 1944 June -Dec
WO 170/5169 Companies: 110 Company 1945 Jan-Jun
WO 170/5170 Companies: 110 Company 1945 July-Dec
WO 175/627 110 Company 1942 Nov-1943 June

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: Saturday 14 August 21 03:37 BST (UK) »
Findmypast.co.uk have just released royal engineers tracer cards  years 1900 to 1949.
I found my grandads in them.  :)

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: Saturday 14 August 21 03:57 BST (UK) »
Salonika.
Group in the second row on the far right is Johnnie Wood (far right); probably Nobby Clarke (middle) and Bill Lamb (not looking at the camera).
Topper has this photo labelled as 'Hut 10' in his dad's album.

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: Saturday 14 August 21 04:02 BST (UK) »
Here's Bill Lambs

Offline cartesr

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: Friday 10 September 21 15:36 BST (UK) »
Hi I have just located my grandads tracer card and it was googling some of the codes in it I found this thread.  It would seem he was in the BEF 21/10/1939 and then discharged under KR1940 but on the second page there is the following Ylist (E6/110ELATcoy) 10.1.42. It was the reference between the brackets that brought me here.

it is a fascinating thread and ive scanned all the pics to no avail im not even sure if 110ELAT relates to the troop in this thread however one of your pics states they are in Falkland Dundee, and I know for a fact that my grandad was up in Falkland long enough to move his wife and son (my dad)  up there an have another son up there. Does anybody know what they were doing in Falkland, from the pics it seems like they moved on but im positive my father etc was up there for some time

any light anybody can shed on this would be much appreciated.

thanks
Steve

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: Saturday 23 October 21 05:55 BST (UK) »
Hi I have just located my grandads tracer card and it was googling some of the codes in it I found this thread.  It would seem he was in the BEF 21/10/1939 and then discharged under KR1940 but on the second page there is the following Ylist (E6/110ELATcoy) 10.1.42. It was the reference between the brackets that brought me here.

it is a fascinating thread and ive scanned all the pics to no avail im not even sure if 110ELAT relates to the troop in this thread however one of your pics states they are in Falkland Dundee, and I know for a fact that my grandad was up in Falkland long enough to move his wife and son (my dad)  up there an have another son up there. Does anybody know what they were doing in Falkland, from the pics it seems like they moved on but im positive my father etc was up there for some time

any light anybody can shed on this would be much appreciated.

thanks
Steve

Hi Steve, what was his name ?