Author Topic: William David Walters  (Read 895 times)

Offline Walters

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
William David Walters
« on: Wednesday 16 February 05 01:20 GMT (UK) »
My great great grandfather William D. Walters was born February 12th 1840 his tombstone read at Nanticoke, Pa. "a native of Pontypridd, S. Glamorganshire, Wales. He was miner by trade and came to America in 1868. They lived in New Jersey and went to Nanticoke, Pa. having seven children and his wife was Mary Ann Gimlet.

He was killed in the mines on May 17th 1887 at a young age (47) in Pa. and for the life of me I cannot find out anymore about him, I cannot find him in the miner sites as well as the all the sites in existance in Pennsylvania! What I'm trying to say is that I'm not 100% sure he belongs to me I only gleaned this information with alot of stubbling! His middle name was David. My question is: is there any records you guys can find to at least allow me to know that I'm on the right track?
Thank you very much!
David J. Walters

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: William David Walters
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 24 February 05 19:38 GMT (UK) »
He should appear on the census records for 1841 , 51 and 61.   You can get them on film from your nearest LDS centre or ask for a look up in the 1851 census as that is often indexed.  Find the local family history group and ask them.   Their address will be on the Genuki site.    The parish records are filmed too on the whole - again from the LDS Centre.   You knoe the date so it dshould not be too hard to find a baptism.   Failing that look at 1837online.com and search for the the birth certificate - you can order it online.   It should be in either the March or June quarters in 1840.
Good Luck
Andrea

Offline NigelG

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: William David Walters
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 26 February 05 09:29 GMT (UK) »
Have sent you some info David  :)
Davies, Edwards, Evans, Griffiths, Hughes, James, Jones, Morgan, Nicholas, Powell, Prytherch, Rees, Williams in Glamorgan, Brecon, PEM, CMN & MGY

Biddle, Budd, Clark/e, Davis/Davies, Elliott, Emery, Harper, Harris, Lloyd, Parsons, Phillips, Pitt, Reed/Reid/Read/Rhead, Rogers, Scandrett, Smith, Tyler & Waldron in Staffs, Worcs, Hef, Cheshire, Shrops., Middlesex & Surrey.

Cooghan/Coogan/Cogan - Castleblaney, Co Monaghan

Census Information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk