Author Topic: Liverpool Records Office  (Read 5688 times)

Offline Robert_Marr

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Liverpool Records Office
« Reply #9 on: Friday 15 April 05 17:12 BST (UK) »
A shot in the dark really,My G.Grandparents Thomas and Rosannah(Rosa) Gannon nee Ryanlived in Warrington cheshire,used to be Lancashire,I believe Rosa could have lived in Liverpool, although 1871 census for Warrington says her and Thomas were born in Ireland,I'd like to know if they were Married in England,any help would be appreciated
Regards Pat M

Nothing conclusive I'm afraid. I checked the census to see that Thomas was born in 1831 and Rosa was born in 1835. Using that I searched for their names on the marriage indexes between 1851 and 1861. Only one marriage was found for a Rosa Ryan and the nearest one for Thomas was 9 months apart. That would lead me to think they were either married in Ireland or there is a mistake in the indexes. Without the certificate it's impossible to tell.

Code: [Select]
Name                       Quarter    Year    District                        County        Volume    Page
Ryan, Rosannah         SEP        1852    Liverpool (1837-1924)  Lancashire   8b           456
Gannon, Thomas        JUN        1853    Liverpool (1837-1924)  Lancashire   8b           430
Looking for Hugh Marr and Mary Drummond.

Offline pat m

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 16 April 05 02:53 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much for the infomation,I do have a death cert for her and she was 43yrs old in 1879 which puts her in the right age bracket, I will be going over to England in July, so maybe able to get more info.I know Thomas was married again in the 1881 census,she was 60yrs &he was 49yrs,(must have wanted mothering)!
Well once again thanks for your time and information.
Regards Pat M

Offline Miss Jane

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 16 April 05 04:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Robert,

If you still have some credits left on the 1837 site would it be possible for you to look up a couple of households for me in the 1861 census.

The first one is John and Ann Arnold, who lived in the Chelsea area in Middlesex. John was born around 1803 in London and was a house painter, while Ann was born about 1808 in Marylebone.

The second one is John and Frances Powell who were probably living in Surrey in 1861. John was born around 1811 in Lambeth and was a carman, while Frances was born in Wandsworth in 1810.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks,

Jane.
<b>England: </b>London/Mdx-Arnold, Allard, Davies; Lancashire-Fish, Latham, Driver, Denny; Yorkshire-Latham; Derbyshire-Swindell, Johnson; Devon-Taylor, Boyland, Cavanagh, Furze; Somerset- Forse, Tuttell; Surrey-Powell, Clarke; Cornwall-Knight
<b>Ireland: </b>Tipperary-Donnell, Keating; Down-Graham, Reid, Cleland; Carlow-Mahon, Redmond
<b>Germany: </b>Schlechtweg, Boerner
<b>Scotland: </b>Fife-Martin, Seath; Glasgow-Hart, Grant
<b>Wales: </b>Monmouth-Kelly

Offline Robert_Marr

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 16 April 05 12:26 BST (UK) »
@All- Sorry, but that's those credits finished for now so I can't take any more requests.

@Pat M- I hope your search proves fruitful in the future.

@Miss Jane-

I hope this is what you were looking for. There are a few differences from what you posted but hopefully these are the correct ones- they seemed to be the best match.

RG number: RG09   
Piece: 35   
Folio: 40    
Page: 39     
Registration District: Chelsea   
Sub District: Chelsea North-west   
Enumeration District: 15   
Ecclesiastical District: St Luke   
Parish: Chelsea
City/Municipal Borough:   Address: 32 , Blenheim Street   

Name                       Relationship         Condition Sex Age Profession Birthplace

ARNOLD, John S           Head                    Married M   59   Painter London, Middlesex
ARNOLD, Ann J            Wife                      Married   F    49   Laundress London, Middlesex
ARNOLD, George J Son                   Married      M    25   Grainer Chelsea, Middlesex
ARNOLD, Elizth A    Daughter In Law   Unmarried   F    22                   Chelsea, Middlesex
ARNOLD, Edward          Son                   Unmarried   M    23   Grainer      Chelsea, Middlesex
ARNOLD, Emily A           Daughter         Unmarried   F    21                   Chelsea, Middlesex
ARNOLD, Louisa           Daughter         Unmarried   F    15                   Chelsea, Middlesex
ARNOLD, John Saml       Son                 Unmarried   M    11   Scholar Chelsea, Middlesex
ARNOLD, Ellen Charlotte  Daughter      Unmarried   F   18   Servant Chelsea, Middlesex

RG number: RG09
Piece: 376   
Folio: 45    
Page: 7     
Registration District: Wandsworth   
Sub District: Streatham   
Enumeration District: 11   
Ecclesiastical District: Emmanuel   
Parish: Streatham   
City/Municipal Borough:   Address: Bedford Villa, Croydon Road, Streatham   

Name                           Relationship Condition      Sex Age Profession Birthplace

POWELL, John J            Head             Married     M 55 Woollen Draper Islington, Middlesex
POWELL, Frances         Wife             Married     F 55                    Clerkenwell, Middlesex
POWELL, Sophia          Daughter              F 14   Scholar         London, Middlesex
THOMPSON, Elizabeth J  Servant        Unmarried    F 28 Housemaid Wapping, Middlesex
MARTIN, Eliza             Servant       Unmarried    F   20 Cook                Lambeth, Surrey

Offline Miss Jane

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 17 April 05 01:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Robert,

Thanks very much for your time and generosity! It's been most helpful. ;D

The Arnold household is definitely the one I was after and I think the Powell one could be too.

Thanks again!

Jane.
<b>England: </b>London/Mdx-Arnold, Allard, Davies; Lancashire-Fish, Latham, Driver, Denny; Yorkshire-Latham; Derbyshire-Swindell, Johnson; Devon-Taylor, Boyland, Cavanagh, Furze; Somerset- Forse, Tuttell; Surrey-Powell, Clarke; Cornwall-Knight
<b>Ireland: </b>Tipperary-Donnell, Keating; Down-Graham, Reid, Cleland; Carlow-Mahon, Redmond
<b>Germany: </b>Schlechtweg, Boerner
<b>Scotland: </b>Fife-Martin, Seath; Glasgow-Hart, Grant
<b>Wales: </b>Monmouth-Kelly

Offline Robert_Marr

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 18 April 05 12:51 BST (UK) »
No problem, glad I could help. The Powell one didn't look exact but a search on Frances Powell only revealed two. From memory the other one was alot younger or older and was not married to a John.