Author Topic: BLO(O)MFIELDs - Mendlesham  (Read 5812 times)

Offline Yi Win

• RootsChat Senior
  • de Blunvil - Blomvyle - Blomfield - Bloomfield
    • View Profile
BLO(O)MFIELDs - Mendlesham
« on: Monday 16 March 09 11:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I am trying to find out the Blo(o)mfields listed in Mendlesham 1500 and 1600's.

Does anyone have any information on them at all? Even the remotest hint may help!

Many thanks

Yi Win
de Blunvil, Blomville. Blomvyle, Blomfield, Bloomfield, Gotterson, Tuck, de Burgh,

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
Re: BLO(O)MFIELDs - Mendlesham
« Reply #1 on: Monday 16 March 09 14:58 GMT (UK) »
IGI submitted record

John Bloomfield born about 1532 of Mendlesham

father Gilbert   mother Alice....... spouse Alice Jolly
this information is Crown Copyright. from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   London Hall, Thurston Stanley, Phillips, Ayrton, White, Morrish, Smith.    West Ham/Barking Saint,Briggs,   Essex  Barker,   Hampshire  Kill, Kent Spong,   U.S.A Earp, Scotland/Cumbria Templeton, Devon Morrish, Chudley

Offline Yi Win

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 17 March 09 11:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Patrish,

Thanks for that - yes that could be my John but the other info is very dubious - i currently do not have access to the parish records (too expensive to order at the minute) and have been researching via Family Search/IGI and a few other sources but the dates do not seem to tie up!

My tree ends with John 1565 and the John you mentioned is highly likely to be his father - however beyond  that it gets tricky because when I looked more closely into all the records regarding Gilbert and Alice as parents THEY seem to have been born in 1524c so John 1532 could not be their children - there could of course be 2 Gilberts with wives Alice or the dates could be in error.

before considering the expense of £80 to get a copy of the records I thought I'd try and put some feelers out to see if anyone had either the records or researched into the Blomfields in this area.

Thanks for your reply - at least you can confirm the info I have.

Yi Win
de Blunvil, Blomville. Blomvyle, Blomfield, Bloomfield, Gotterson, Tuck, de Burgh,

Offline Suffolk Mawther

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William & Eliza Fulker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 17 March 09 16:27 GMT (UK) »
before considering the expense of £80 to get a copy of the records

YiWin do you mean the fiche of the parish records which you can purchase from the Suffolk Record Office?

If so, you do not need to buy a complete set of all the births, banns, marriages and burials from St Mary the Virgin Mendlesham from 1558-1900 - total of 33 fiche (which you have to apply for anywayz as at sometime in the past an incumbent has refused filming). 

If this is what you are considering send the SRO Ipswich branch an email detailing the events and years you are looking for and they will tell you how many of the fiche you will need to buy.

Pat ...

Every time I find an ancestor,
I have to find two more!

SUFFOLK - Pendle, Stygall, Pipe, Fruer, Bridges, Fisk, Bellamy, Sparham - all link to  Framlingham 
DERBY - Bridges and Frost (originally Framlingham/Parham)
NOTTINGHAM - Lambert & Selby
BERKSHIRE/then Hammersmith LDN - Fulker
LDN/MDX - Murray, Clancy, Broker, Hoskins, Marsden, Wilson, Sale

GGfather Michael Wilson born Cork, lived Fulham London - moved to Boston USA 1889, what happened next?

Offline Yi Win

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 17 March 09 16:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi Pat,

Thanks a lot for that bit of info - i didnt know that - I approached them to ask about obtaining the records and that was the price quoted and they sent me a form to fill in to ask for the request at the same time.

I will approach them re the dates I want and see what they say - thanks so much

Yi Win

Offline Suffolk Mawther

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William & Eliza Fulker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 17 March 09 16:58 GMT (UK) »
You're Welcome  ;D

Always try to be careful with FH money, there are always so many things to spend it on (like 1911 Census  ::)

Pat ...
Every time I find an ancestor,
I have to find two more!

SUFFOLK - Pendle, Stygall, Pipe, Fruer, Bridges, Fisk, Bellamy, Sparham - all link to  Framlingham 
DERBY - Bridges and Frost (originally Framlingham/Parham)
NOTTINGHAM - Lambert & Selby
BERKSHIRE/then Hammersmith LDN - Fulker
LDN/MDX - Murray, Clancy, Broker, Hoskins, Marsden, Wilson, Sale

GGfather Michael Wilson born Cork, lived Fulham London - moved to Boston USA 1889, what happened next?

Offline Yi Win

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 17 March 09 17:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Pat,

thanks again - I've not looked at the 1911 census but long to find out who was with my grandfather as the family is full of cousins being adopted to each other due to deaths etcat that time and it will be interesting to see who is living with who!!

Yi Win

Offline Yi Win

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 18 March 09 11:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I'd just like to thanks Suepip for her PM with some marriage info re Blomfields in Mendlesham - it has given me 2 sets of new inforamtion to follow up - many thanks!

Yi Win

Offline Yi Win

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 15 July 09 09:48 BST (UK) »
Hi,

thanks to everyone on here who has helped me so far in tracing various parts of this line of my tree.

just putting out a few more feelers in case anyone has any info about the following they could share with me.....

I am trying to trace the marriage of JOHN BLOMFIELD (or surname spelling BLUMFIELD/BLOOMFIELD or similar) to an ALICE JOLLY approx 1550-1565 give or take a few years MENDLESHAM.

Also any record of them having children and dates would be very helpful.

Thanks

Yi Win