Author Topic: BLO(O)MFIELDs - Mendlesham  (Read 5811 times)

Offline sunnylew

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: BLO(O)MFIELDs - Mendlesham
« Reply #9 on: Friday 17 July 09 00:09 BST (UK) »
It's worthwhile trying your local LDS Family History Centre as well.

There's probably one in your nearest capital city if not closer, and it costs only $5 (at least in Australia) for a microfilm of parish records to be sent to their office.

Often they're transcripts, but they also have copies of original registers as well.

Lewis
Anything in Hethersett, Norfolk
Buckenham and Variants in Norfolk and Suffolk.
Goodlad in Suffolk.
Palmer in Birmingham

Offline Yi Win

• RootsChat Senior
  • de Blunvil - Blomvyle - Blomfield - Bloomfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 17 July 09 08:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Sunnylew,

thats great info - I'm about an hour away from my nearest Family History Centre.

Yi Win
de Blunvil, Blomville. Blomvyle, Blomfield, Bloomfield, Gotterson, Tuck, de Burgh,

Offline sunnylew

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 17 July 09 14:47 BST (UK) »
Good luck!

The only down sid, at least from my end of the world, is that it can take up to two months sometimes to arrive, but the people at the centre are always very helpful, and may point you towards other avenues.

Lewis
Anything in Hethersett, Norfolk
Buckenham and Variants in Norfolk and Suffolk.
Goodlad in Suffolk.
Palmer in Birmingham

Offline Yi Win

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 17 July 09 17:06 BST (UK) »
I think it's 6 weeks here.

cheers
de Blunvil, Blomville. Blomvyle, Blomfield, Bloomfield, Gotterson, Tuck, de Burgh,

Offline Yi Win

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 11 August 10 16:18 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Thanks to everyone on here and some who are not I've got a quite detailed family tree of the Mendlesham Blomfields.

Now does anyone know how to find out address of where they actually lived before the census's were taken.

I have 2 x census addresses (I like the 1st one - good taste)

Fleece beerhouses!
seeing as the village pub is called the Fleece I can only assume they lived in the houses attached/belonging to the pub!

The other address is Market St, Mendlesham.

As the family moved into Mendlesham in mid 1400's somewhere there must be records of where they actually lived but I do not have any idea where to look.

Anyone with info - help would be very much appreciated.

Yi

Offline 777

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 29 May 12 21:28 BST (UK) »
Did you find a Read connection with your Bloomfields.

Thomas Edward Read Bloomfield who married Sarah Steggall from Mendlesham about 1860 ish. They left then for NZ. There was a George Read in NZ who is known to be a brother of TER Bloomfield. Most of the descendants of Thomas and Sarah were Bloomfields but had Read as a second christian name.
Roberts, McIntosh, Steggall, Arnaboldi, Debus, McKenzie,Waugh, Kennedy ,Bassett, Cook, Graham

Offline Yi Win

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 30 May 12 11:28 BST (UK) »
Hi 777,

Yes there is a Read link.

If you are not on Ancestry or Genes try this link....

http://amandahan.tribalpages.com/tribe/browse?userid=amandahan&mmg=8327991441&switch=0&rand=433788129

password Storm
and search on Read in the Index - they should all 'pop' up including any branches down from them that I have been given.

As always not all of the info on the tree is mine or my cousins - we cant guarantee all is accurate but I think the Read side is fairly well documented from parish records or IGI sources.

Theres is a curious tale - it seems that William Read married Zophial Blomfield the kids were Christened Read in the Parish records then it appears they were all re-christened again with the surname Blomfield - about the same time Williams brother Robert Read had his 1st child christened Read and then her and the others when born were then Chritened Blomfield and he himself became a Read Blomfield.

Roberts family seemed to stay in Mendlesham though I have no decendents and were there in the census's after my branch of the Blomfields had left for Doverport for work.

Three of Williams children (that I know of) went to Australia however I do not have your Thomas listed.

The three I have are William, Cheubim and Stephen but they are earlier than your Thomas.

Some of the family went by the name Read Blomfield - I suspect it was one the sons/gradnsons of William or Robert Read Blomfield that went out to NZ with his wife. (your Thomas & Sarah)

It would be great to add another line to the tree if you are willing to share.

Birth Dates for your Thomas and Sarah would be good along with any other info you have to make a link.

The offspring of both brothers were numerous and so were the generation down - if we could find that missing generation it would help as I do not have all the branches of the grandchildren of William and Robert.

Thanks!
Yi

Offline 777

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 31 May 12 18:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Yi,

A small correction to what I wrote in the last post. TE Read Bloomfield was  a nephew of  George Read. I have no information of these two's ancestry. But as T E Read Bloomfield married my grandfathers sister then their descendants are blood relatives of me. I have some information but not a lot.  A google of their names in Auckland or Gisborne NZ gives number of sources of information which may be of interest to you.

I actually visited Mendlesham yesterday. A very nice village.

One of T E Read Bloomfields son's, William Read Bloomfield perished with his wife and only daughter in the sinking of the Empress of Ireland in the St Lawrence seaway on 29/4/1914.

Neil
Roberts, McIntosh, Steggall, Arnaboldi, Debus, McKenzie,Waugh, Kennedy ,Bassett, Cook, Graham