Author Topic: *COMPLETED* 1841 Census Look Up Request - ARROL in Paisley  (Read 8622 times)

Offline Kathyh

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 Census Look Up Request - ARROL in Paisley
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 29 March 09 12:11 BST (UK) »

Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

RootsChat must deal with any breach of copyright by its members.

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of this issue.

Cant locate the family in 1851

Kathy

Offline fred2derf

• I am not longer being notified of new replies
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 29 March 09 12:30 BST (UK) »
Hello Kathy,

Thank you very much.  With about 10 variations of the name including AIROL and EARL it certainly makes it harder to find the family.

Now I'm puzzled by the child between John and Elizabeth because this is what the Paupers Index had:

Children: Christina  13   - In mill idle
                Ann       11
                John       9
                James     8
                Elis.        6
                Robert     2
                Jean      6mo

Yet we have a Janet and a James at the bottom.  I wonder...

Regards,

Fred

Offline fred2derf

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 02 April 09 10:19 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I'd like a look up please for this family in 1871.  Thanks.  Sor far they can't be found in 1851.

Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of this issue.

Ann Gilchriest    12  <------ unlikely to be with the family in 1851

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

If the family can be found and Agnes C (Ann) GILCHRIST is not with them please see if you can find her in 1871.  Thanks.

Regards,

Fred

Offline Kathyh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 02 April 09 10:58 BST (UK) »

Ann Gilchriest is not with the family in 1871, without her married name you will be unable to locate her.

There is a marriage in Paisley on SP, 1867 Ann Gilchrist. you will need to access SP for the information.

Kathy

Offline fred2derf

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 02 April 09 12:27 BST (UK) »
Hello Kathy,

Thank you very much. I notice the child aged 10 between John and Elizabeth in 1861 is not there in 1871.  Oh, a daughter named James.

Re Ann GILCHRIST I seem to have confused her with Agnes Campbell GILCHRIST born 20 Nov 1864  Hutchesontown, Glasgow, mother Jane Gilchrist. She was born before Jane married Thomas ANGEL on 2 Jun 1869 in Blythswood, Glasgow, Lanark.

I have found Agnes C in 1871 but she is not with the same family in 1881 so please see if you can find her in 1881. Thanks. 

Now I don't know who Ann is or how she fits in the tree. She may not. Is there a relationship shown? If she is a lodger then her family name is probably coincidence. If she is related then I'll have to search some more.

Thanks.

Fred

Offline Kathyh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 03 April 09 11:21 BST (UK) »
Ann Gilchriest 1849c New Monkland Lanarkshire
1861 Census she is a Weavers Assistant
Niece of James Arroll

Sorry, unable to locate Thomas Angel or Agnes Campbell Gilchrist in 1871 or 1881.

Kathy

Offline fred2derf

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 03 April 09 12:32 BST (UK) »
Hello Kathy,

Thank you very much.  Ok, not coincidence. Now I will have to do some dectective work. I can't find a birth that fits for Agnes in Lanark.

This is why they are hard to find:

Thomas Angel 48 Where born: England a Bondman (borge)
Jennie Angel 38 born: Anton, Dumbartonshire
Samuel D Anoal 10 Where born: Bouling, Dumbartonshire
Agnes C Anoal 6 born: Glasgow, Lanark   ************* New Monkland
Stephen G Anoal 16 born: England a Merchants Clerk
Address: Forsky House, Old Kilpatrick, Dumbarton

James ARROL has two sisters that I know of. There may be more since there are gaps between births.  It can't be Janet who married Samuel ANGEL and then John CRAIG ? so it must be Elizabeth but I can't find a marriage to a GILCHRIST. That suggests there is another daughter.

I wish we could find Ann ARROL (nee TYTLER)with or without spouse John and children in 1841. This is her with two of her children in 1851:

Civil Parish: Abbey Burgh
Town: Paisley
County: Renfrewshire
Address: 1 Neilston Street
Ann ARROL head b. abt. 1792 age 59 Embroiderer Cotton Clath (muclin Sewer) Paisley, Renfrew
William ARROL son b. abt. 1818 age 33 Weaver Harness H L Paisley, Renfrew
Elizabeth ARROL b. abt. 1829 age 22 Thread Mill (cotton) Winder Worker Paisley, Renfrew

Regards,

Fred

Offline fred2derf

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 06 April 09 11:44 BST (UK) »
Hello Kathy,

This is partially solved. There is another sister, a Christina ARROL who married a William GILCHRST but they are not the parents of Agnes Campbell GILCHRIST. Agnes was born on  b. 20 Nov 1864  Hutchesontown, Lanark and only her mother Jane is listed.  Thomas ANGEL married Jane on 2 Jun 1869.

Please see if you can find Agnes C in 1881 - she may have adopted the name ANGEL.

Thanks.

Fred

Offline Kathyh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 06 April 09 13:47 BST (UK) »
No luck with the census, not enough information on Agnes.

There is a marriage on SP of an Agnes Campbell Gilchrist Airdrie, LKS in 1877, but that would make your Agnes only 13 years old.

Kathy