Author Topic: 2 John Boddy's Rosedale area  (Read 2711 times)

Offline scruffypup

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
2 John Boddy's Rosedale area
« on: Monday 16 March 09 14:46 GMT (UK) »
I've just been checking on familysearch and there are definitely 2 John Boddy's living around Rosedale in the 1881 census, My 2 x great grandfather John and his wife Olivia and a second John similar age with wife Jane, now I can find John and Jane in 1871 but not John and Olivia they would have been around 26 years old and married as they married in Sep Qtr 1867, to make things worse there is a reference to "John & Jane Body lab'r KMS by D M Gust V.  Note added by W.G. Ketchley Vicar on Feb 1887 states Olivia alias Jane", where I found this info I don't know but I have it in my notes for some reason.  On their wedding John is referred to as Body, but in census returns he is always Boddy.

Julie

Offline Tati

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Ephraim's daughter to infinity & beyond
    • View Profile
Re: 2 John Boddy's Rosedale area
« Reply #1 on: Monday 16 March 09 15:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi Julie,

I believe ...

- Olivia is down as Jane in 1871 at RG10/4839 160 14
- The other family (minus dad) are at RG10/4844 7 8 

:)
 "My dear, I think the English pronounce it 'appiness"  

I'm afraid of no ghost

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline scruffypup

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 16 March 09 17:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tati

Thanks for coming to the rescue again.  I did have the right John and Jane down in my notes then for 1871, William and Elizabeth weren't with them in 1881 that's why I wasn't sure if it was my Oliva/Jane or the other Jane in the 1871 census.

I finally went into Harrogate Register Office today and left John and Olivia's details with them, I'm only down the road, so fingers crossed the GRO ref will help them find their marriage certificate and then I can open up a whole new can of worms with the Wurswick family.  I'm sure it's a misspelling of Worswick, hopefully when I know Olivia's father's name then I can pin the family down and start researching them.

Julie

Offline Tati

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Ephraim's daughter to infinity & beyond
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 16 March 09 20:01 GMT (UK) »
William and Elizabeth weren't with them in 1881
Forynately William was :D
 "My dear, I think the English pronounce it 'appiness"  

I'm afraid of no ghost

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline scruffypup

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 16 March 09 21:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tati, I'll never get my Brownies badge in Family History at this rate, my excuse is this is what happens when you write out info and don't use paste you end up with missing Boddy's everywhere ;D, and no I wasn't letting my mutt help me (see photo) at least now William's been reunited with the rest of his Boddy's.

Many thanks for your help

Julie