Author Topic: Death Cert  (Read 3515 times)

Offline suec45

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Death Cert
« on: Monday 16 March 09 19:24 GMT (UK) »
I have recivied the death cert for James Fisher it says

died 14 Jan 1876 Beastmarket Wrexham informant wife Catherine

I was a bit disappointed that was all the infomation there was Ive been spoiled with the Scottish certs I think  Anyway could someone tell me where beast market is or was, also they are properly catholic so where do you think I would get burial records and maybe birth records ???what would be the nearest church?

thanks in advance
Sue
Cassidy (Stirling & Ireland ) Thorassie(Canada)
Cassles.(Ayr) Wilson(Midlotion )
Hughes(England) Hannah.(Ayr)   Sinclair's(Stiling&clackmannan) Boon(Ayr)
Fraser. (Lanark) Kerr (Midlotion)
Docherty (Dunbarton) Scobbie (Clakmannan) Arichbald (Perth)
Wightman( Lanark) Connor (Ireland) Ryan (Ireland)  Pride(Lanark) Todd (Lanark) Fury (Ieland) Forsyth(Lanark) (Finley(Lanark) Fisher(Stirling) Sommerville(Stirling)

Offline MikeDavies38

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Death Cert
« Reply #1 on: Monday 16 March 09 20:29 GMT (UK) »
The beast market is/was a part of Wrexham around the Charles Street area and was originally a large open space where meat markets, fairs and even executions took place.  In 1871 James, a Tailor and Catherine were living in Market Street, around the corner from Charles Street.  Both streets are still there but Market Street has changed since 1871 whereas Charles Street is still much the same.  My wifes grandfather was also a Tailor and lived in Charles Street at the same time.  The cemetery records for Wrexham do not show a James Fisher in the main cemetery but they only start from 1876 so he may not be listed.  I am attaching a photo of the Beast Market circa 1960.  It has changed a lot since then and where the open market was then is now a small car park and the area is surrounded by supermarkets and large stores.
Davies, Bywater, Murray, Gaunt, Benton, Jones, Richardson

Offline sem73

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 16 March 09 20:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sue

St Mary's Cathedral is the RC church in Wrexham.....http://www.wrexhamcathedral.org.uk/index.htm
might be worth getting in touch with them...

Wrexham Cemetery wasn't opened til April 1876.....but they might be able to point you in the right direction!!....http://www.wrexham.gov.uk/english/env_services/community_services/wrexham_cemetery.htm

Sarah :)
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Davies/Griffiths/Smith/Woodward/Goodwin/Morrlle/Moralee - Flintshire

Moralee (and variants) - Durham

Offline suec45

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 16 March 09 22:11 GMT (UK) »
Mike thank you very much for the photo and the history it came as a surprise to find I had Welsh ancestors the whole family's knew of the Irish & Scottish ones so this is new territory I know nothing of Wales I'm afraid looking forward to finding out more
Sue

Sem thank you for the links I will look them up in the morning
Sue
Wightman( Lanark) Connor (Ireland) Ryan (Ireland)  Pride(Lanark) Todd (Lanark) Fury (Ieland) Forsyth(Lanark) (Finley(Lanark) Fisher(Stirling) Sommerville(Stirling)

Offline suec45

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 16 March 09 22:18 GMT (UK) »
Mike  James was a Sailor not Tailor I have them on the 71 census and Catherine on the 81 census in Wrexham work house I also have them on the 61 census in Liverpool  but nothing before any way again thanks for the help
Sue

Offline MikeDavies38

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 17 March 09 16:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sue.  I may have found James in 1851 but with a different wife and children.  This one was born about 1819 in Wrexham and was a journeyman tailor (I still think he was a tailor and not a sailor by the way).  His wife's name was Ellen and they had four children; Emily/Emelia Ellen age 8; Mary age 6; Harriet age 4 and James age 1.  I am attaching the census image for your opinion.  In 1861 a Mary Fisher from Bridgenorth and born in 1845, was a servant in Wolverhampton.   I did find a death for an Ellen Fisher in 1855 in Wolverhampton but without further research, I have no idea if any of this refers to your James.  It is also possible that Catherines name before she married James was Cheshire as there is a record of a marriage in 1857 in Aston near Birmingham.
I hope some of this makes some sense to you.  By the way, I live in Wrexham and if I can help in any way, please ask.
Mike Davies

Image of Census page removed.  All census images are Crown Copyright and may not be displayed without permission.  The exception to this is when a small portion of a census document may be posted for clarification.  Crown Copyright only allows for the transcription of images.

Offline suec45

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 17 March 09 21:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mike
Thank you for the help but I don't think this is my James  this is what I know
James Fisher born 1816 Denbigshire
Catherine Fisher born HolyHead Angelsy 1805

Son Samuel Fisher born 1838 in England ( I assume Liverpool no proof )
Samuel then moved to Scotland as I have his first marriage cert 1859 to Catherine Livingstone
On the cert father James mother Catherine Lynch
Samuels second marriage 1863 to Catherine Ryan again mother Catherine but surname  Buchanan
I have double checked and it is same Samuel as on his death cert it lists both
wifes names and on all certs James is Sailor in fact on Samuels death cert it says Royal Navy in the 1861 Catherine and James in Liverpool  again Sailor It looks like he then returned home to Denbigshire

Thank you so much for your help and your Kind offer which I might take you up on

regards Sue

Offline MikeDavies38

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 22 March 09 16:53 GMT (UK) »
Have you seen the entry in 1871 for Scotland for Samuel and his family?

Offline suec45

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 22 March 09 21:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mike
No I haven't that is the only census I cant find him on I know they were living Haddington area as that is where Samuels first marriage took place and his son Samuel was born 1872 but cant find them on census

sue