Author Topic: Harry WILSON - WA  (Read 6571 times)

Offline pottydotty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: WILSON
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 19 March 09 14:44 GMT (UK) »
I am in the doghouse for spending so much time today looking for rellies!  :'(

I have found a Charles H. WILSON born in Stockport, Cheshire to a John Herbert Wilson and Nellie SHUTTLEWORTH. He is not my immediate family but the name and place mean he could be related - will investigate further, one of these days.

Horace R B JOSE (dob 1906) I can't find anywhere but when you see how many wiedly named JOSE's there are in Cornwall - I will leave him for another day.

Ellen C WILSON (dob 1913 West Ham) intrigues me. Why was she born there? They were all in Devon. If she is their daughter why didn't she travel to Australia with her mother? Could she be with her father?

I have a gap between them getting on the boat for   Freemantle in 1929 and the 1936 pollbook.

Perhaps Ellen didn't go with them and they took Charles H instead ;D

I have read on Google a jeweller called Leonie WILSON
Wilson, Manchester & Stockport;  Swain, Liverpool, Stockport & Wallasey;  Taylor, Liverpool;  Hitchen, Liverpool and  Northwich. Bradwell of Bradwell, Derbys.

Offline pottydotty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 19 March 09 14:49 GMT (UK) »
I am in the doghouse for spending so much time today looking for rellies!  :'(

I have found a Charles H. WILSON born in Stockport, Cheshire to a John Herbert Wilson and Nellie SHUTTLEWORTH. He is not my immediate family but the name and place mean he could be related - will investigate further, one of these days.

Horace R B JOSE (dob 1906) I can't find anywhere but when you see how many wiedly named JOSE's there are in Cornwall - I will leave him for another day.

Ellen C WILSON (dob 1913 West Ham) intrigues me. Why was she born there? They were all in Devon. If she is their daughter why didn't she travel to Australia with her mother? Could she be with her father?

I have a gap between them getting on the boat for   Freemantle in 1929 and the 1936 pollbook.

Perhaps Ellen didn't go with them and they took Charles H instead ;D

I have read on Google a jeweller called Leonie WILSON  - she is far too young to be my Leanie but I wondered if she was related but I can't find an e-address for her. I tried The Red Lion site but nothing.

Bye for now

PS Sorry something happened and I posted before I was finished! :)
Wilson, Manchester & Stockport;  Swain, Liverpool, Stockport & Wallasey;  Taylor, Liverpool;  Hitchen, Liverpool and  Northwich. Bradwell of Bradwell, Derbys.

Offline tropicalj

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • six grandkids
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 19 March 09 21:18 GMT (UK) »

As she was  16 years  old  perhaps  she didn't want to come to Australia she may  have had a fiance or  even married :o

As for Horace Jose,  either a brother or nephew to Grace Annie Jose, will  look  for him in Australia.

Jenn
When you search for ancestors, you find great friends!
I live in Townsville researching
TOWNSEND,PINNEGAR, STRANGE, PULLEN, GRIFFIN from Wiltshire,,
SHOEBRIDGE, VINALL, BRINDLE, Kent
BAYLEY, Dorset,Yorkshire,
HAIR, Durham,
CUMMINS, BROWNLESS from Yorkshire,
EDSALL,  Cornwall,
MORGAN, HENNESSY, BAKER,  Ireland.
VAN REYK Sri Lanka
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.au

Offline pottydotty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 19 March 09 22:51 GMT (UK) »
I will look for both of them here but I haven't even found a birth for Horace yet. Will also look for Ellen.

Do we know when Harry left England and went to Australia? He doesn't appear on the same boat as his wife and daughter. Maybe he went ahead and started work for this Count ??
Cheers

Offline pottydotty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 27 March 09 16:10 GMT (UK) »
Hello All,
Just received the marriage cert for Harry WILSON and Grace Annie JOSE Sep 1909 in Cornwall. Their first daughter Leanie Phyllis Mary WILSON was born 1910 and I have found her on the 1936 Australian poll in Freemantle I can't get the address and full details. So if anyone could help there I would be most grateful.

Is there a marriage database for Australia where I might look up for a marriage of Leanie?

I still haven't found her sister Ellen C. Wilson in England but will keep looking.

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Its my Party - I can eat cake
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 27 March 09 19:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi pottydotty,

Glad you got your certificate.  ;D

We could not have been looking very hard last time. She is on the same page as her parents, and living in the same street.  ::)

WILSON Leonie Phyllis Mary 107 Broome St Cottesloe Machinist.

There is no central index for Australian BMD's - each state has its own with different cut off points. For WA the cut off point for marriages is 1932.

http://www.bdm.dotag.wa.gov.au/_apps/pioneersindex/default.aspx

Cheers Kris  :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 27 March 09 22:01 GMT (UK) »
Marriages in Western Australia are online to 1949
http://www.openwindows.com/marriage/search.htm

WILSON     Leonie P
HARDWICK  Ernest W
District  Swan     Reg#26  1942 

Cando   
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Its my Party - I can eat cake
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 27 March 09 22:22 GMT (UK) »
Just thought to look there myself.  I couldn't have been awake earlier. Came back up here to take a look see. Glad it was there.

I was checking the directories and MCB Burials.....Don't see them listed.......Kris  :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline pottydotty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 27 March 09 22:47 GMT (UK) »
Good evening Kris and Cando :D

Thank you very much for your help. I think you have both just about sorted out my Aussie Wilson branch. I don't suppose there is an Australian birth index I could check through for any children?

Kris I think you were right about Ellen C Wilson, I have been following her through and guess what? she married a SMITH! Dead easy to find in London  :P I have let the moths out of my purse - again - and sent for her birth, marriage and death certs to sort her out once and for all!

It would be nice to find any living rellies there - I asked a genealogy group in Canada to help me find Harry's brother and amazing the person I asked had been taught by my cousin! How about that for luck??

Must go to bed now.

Goodnight and thank you