Author Topic: Harry WILSON - WA  (Read 6574 times)

Offline pottydotty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Harry WILSON - WA
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 04 April 09 16:10 BST (UK) »
RATS! RATS! RATS!   :'( :'(

I have just received the birth, marriage and death certs of Ellen Clara WILSON. Her father was Harold Wilson not Harry and he was a signwriter. Therefore who she married and when she died is of no interest to me. Her mother was a JOSE but not Grace Annie.
Back to the drawing board and no Easter Eggs for me. No money left!! Boo hoo! :(
Wilson, Manchester & Stockport;  Swain, Liverpool, Stockport & Wallasey;  Taylor, Liverpool;  Hitchen, Liverpool and  Northwich. Bradwell of Bradwell, Derbys.

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Its my Party - I can eat cake
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 04 April 09 17:52 BST (UK) »
Oh pottydotty what a shame.  :'(

Well understand your disappointment here. You were keen to order all three of them at once.

Once you have saved your pennies again, WA death certs seem like a good option when you see the information they contain. I note included

No of Children
Childrens names

http://www.jaunay.com/bdm.html

Cheers Kris  :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline pottydotty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 10 April 09 14:45 BST (UK) »
Hello All,

Here I am again looking for advice.

Thanks to Kris:-

There is leaving London 7 Feb 1829 for Fremantle aboard the BELTANA

WILSON Grace A last address 73 Durnford St Stonehouse Plymouth housewife aged 43
WILSON Miss Lenie P M a Clerk aged 18
WILSON Charles H School aged 12
[/size]  But try as I might I can't find Harry WILSON. I presumed he went earlier but don't know when or how - perhaps he went with the Marines but it sounds improbable.

Cando found Harry's death for me. But can some-one tell me how to purchase the certificate? I can't find a cert. number or where to send for it? Can I pay in ££s?

WILSON  Harry           
79 years      Died 24 Dec 1962      At Perth
Buried at Karrakatta Cemetery
Crematorium Rose Gardens  Section T  Gravesite 0243

Sorry to be a nuisance again but I really do want to get Harry WILSON and family sorted out.
Wilson, Manchester & Stockport;  Swain, Liverpool, Stockport & Wallasey;  Taylor, Liverpool;  Hitchen, Liverpool and  Northwich. Bradwell of Bradwell, Derbys.

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 11 April 09 02:18 BST (UK) »
Link to application forms.
http://www.bdm.dotag.wa.gov.au/A/application_forms.aspx?uid=9700-1192-2181-1982

Online death registrations only extend to 1953 -  unable to furnish a registration number.

WA certs are expensive AUD $42.00 and $30 for Historical Certs.

Unfortunately it appears they now only accept snail mail applications.  You don't have to furnish identification papers with deaths over 25 years ago.  In the small print ;)

Good luck :)

Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline pottydotty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 27 June 09 15:37 BST (UK) »
Hello Cando & Co,
I have now received the death cert of Harry WILSON. He died 24 Dec 1962 at Royal Perth Hosp.. His home address was Flat 4 Mountainside Flats, Mounts Bay Rd. He was a retired schoolmaster.
His daughter Leonie Phyllis Mary is down as deceased and his son Charles H WILSON was 46. So Charles was his son and there wasn't another daughter as I'd been led to believe.    ::)  BUT I can't find any birth record for him. He must have been born in UK in 1916/17 as he is on the Beltana passenger list. The only birth I can find is another Harry born in Stockport but he died a year later. I have tried looking on the Perth 1936 polls but he doesn't seem to be there. Do you have any other ideas where I could look?
Also is there any chance I could find out where Harry was teaching? We are all very excited about finding Harry, especially the rellies in Canada!!

Thanks again
Potty

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 28 June 09 00:41 BST (UK) »
The State Records Office of WA holds teacher record service cards

http://www.sro.wa.gov.au/collection/education.asp

Scroll down the page.

and

State Records Office staff at the Enquiry Desk can provide additional information on the range of education and school related records available from within the State Records Office collection. For more information contact us by telephone on (08) 9427 3360, by facsimile on (08) 9427 3368, via email - address on website.

Good luck ;D
Cando

Offline pottydotty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 28 June 09 15:24 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that Cando.

I'm really building up a picture of this man. :P

Now I have to try and find out what happened to his son Charles H WILSON. ???

He is a real mystery man. I reckon he was born in UK about 1916/17 but can't find a birth cert. He is on the boat with sister and Mum. Then he disappears until he is mentioned on Harry's death cert in 1962 then he disappears again. I can't find him on WA 1936 poll and I can't find him returning to UK.

Australia is a big place and Charles Wilson is a very, very common name!! :D

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Monday 29 June 09 08:48 BST (UK) »
You wouldn't find him on the 1936 electoral roll if he was born 1916/1917.  You had to be 21 years of age to vote in that period.

Have you searched here.  There are two marriage possibilities
http://www.wamarriage.info/

Have you searched the Charles H WILSON's here. 
http://www.mcb.wa.gov.au/NameSearch/search.php

He may have lived and died in Perth.

Cheers
Cando

Offline tropicalj

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • six grandkids
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Monday 29 June 09 10:05 BST (UK) »
There is A Charles Henry  Wilson  born 1916 but in Ireland on  the WW2 nominal roll  and his navy record is digitalized on  the NAA

His wife is either Kathlenn Florence or Florence Kathleen.  There is a marriage  that could be  them in 1939.

He  enlisted  in  WA.

The age suits your man  but not  the place of birth.

Perhaps just a red herring :D

As you  have his date of death  perhaps a look at  his funerl or death notice might be helpfull as  to  the whereabouts of Charles H Wilson.

Jenn
When you search for ancestors, you find great friends!
I live in Townsville researching
TOWNSEND,PINNEGAR, STRANGE, PULLEN, GRIFFIN from Wiltshire,,
SHOEBRIDGE, VINALL, BRINDLE, Kent
BAYLEY, Dorset,Yorkshire,
HAIR, Durham,
CUMMINS, BROWNLESS from Yorkshire,
EDSALL,  Cornwall,
MORGAN, HENNESSY, BAKER,  Ireland.
VAN REYK Sri Lanka
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.au