Author Topic: Harry WILSON - WA  (Read 6572 times)

Offline pottydotty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Harry WILSON - WA
« Reply #36 on: Monday 29 June 09 15:13 BST (UK) »
Hello Again,
How come I can sit here for hours pouring over all the Au. gov. sites. and come up with zilch, then I ask a ??? and look what turns up   ;D

Jenn, you have got me thinking - as I can't find his birth cert. in UK perhaps he was born in Ireland. His father, Harry was in the Royal Marines and could have been posted there.  Little job for tomorrow!!

Cando, There are two marriages that could be his - he just COULD have gone to Freemantle on a trip, work or holiday and met the girl of his dreams   :-X

My heavens!!! If we keep on like this we might find he had children and I could honestly say I have Aussie rellies!!

Thanks to both of you for your help.

Gayna
Wilson, Manchester & Stockport;  Swain, Liverpool, Stockport & Wallasey;  Taylor, Liverpool;  Hitchen, Liverpool and  Northwich. Bradwell of Bradwell, Derbys.

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Monday 29 June 09 23:40 BST (UK) »
This burial record is for a Charles Henry WILSON b. 1916

http://www.mcb.wa.gov.au/NameSearch/GenResearch.html
WILSON Charles Henry        
76 years  Died 10 Oct 1992  at Hamersley
Memorial Location Pinnaroo Valley Memorial Park   Path  Site 0029 - Ground niche. 

I wonder if the plaque would give you more information.  There is a photo service
http://www.mcb.wa.gov.au/NameSearch/photoServ.html

As Jenn mentioned, a death notice or funeral notice from the newspaper may give more information.

You could make a request for a search of the newspaper to
http://www.rootschat.com/links/06lh/
as you have the date of death.

Cheers
Cando

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline pottydotty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 30 June 09 14:41 BST (UK) »
Hello,

Jenn, I think you are right about Charles Henry being born in Ireland. I have just been searching The Marines movements around that time and they were certainly at a big naval base at Castletown, County Cork during W1. So Harry could have been there. I have found a birth for Charles Henry Apr/Jun 1916 unfortunately they don't give mother's name so I will have to send for the cert.

Also, I have written to WA nespapers and see what they come up with. If I feel sure that I have the right chap I will send for his death cert and see if he had any children.

Thanks for your help - I'm getting nearer those Aussie rellies  ;D
Wilson, Manchester & Stockport;  Swain, Liverpool, Stockport & Wallasey;  Taylor, Liverpool;  Hitchen, Liverpool and  Northwich. Bradwell of Bradwell, Derbys.

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday 30 June 09 15:36 BST (UK) »
If I feel sure that I have the right chap I will send for his death cert and see if he had any children.

Unfortunately death certificates are not available for 25 years after death Western Australia.
http://www.rootschat.com/links/06ll/

If you don't get a reply from the WA newspapers perhaps try the link to the library on reply#37.

Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline pottydotty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday 30 June 09 16:14 BST (UK) »
OH RATS!  :'(
Fingers crossed for the newspapers - otherwise it might be a brick wall!

Offline pottydotty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday 30 June 09 16:15 BST (UK) »
Just had a thought  ??? ???
Can I send for a marriage cert or is that also not possible???
Hey ho I have money to burn!! ;D