Author Topic: Cash Family  (Read 1604 times)

Offline Axamfam

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Cash Family
« on: Wednesday 18 March 09 15:16 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to trace the relatives of Isadore Louis Cash born abt 1872 in America.  His wife was Elizabeth Sarah Franche (unsure of surname spelling) and I am not sure where she was born.  Isadore was an Electrical Engineer and went to South Africa abt 1888.
They had several children, Raymond Daniel Cash, Reginald John Cash, Louis Isadore Cash and Lovell John Louis Cash (my husbands grandfather).  I don't know if there were any others.
Any information to help me trace them in South Africa would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Nina
Cash, Robinson, Muller, Edwards, Olckers, Powell, Keep, Barleigh, Benny

Offline EmPea

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Cash Family
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 18 March 09 17:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi Nina

There are several references to your CASH family in the National Archives.  http://www.national.archsrch.gov.za

If you need help navigating the site just repost and I will tell you how to do the searches.

Once you find the references, you can order the files via e-GSSA - see one of the sticky's for ordering documents from  the Archives.

Regards
Moira

South Africa - Wessels/Vorster
South Africa - Behr/Toerien
South Africa - Pnematicatos/Chimato
Cornwall, England & South Africa - Hicks/Breach
Yorkshire & Durham, England & South Africa - Kenney/Hucks

Offline Axamfam

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 19 March 09 00:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi Moira

thanks for that.  Could you tell me how else I could trace relatives in South Africa if I don't find them on the web site you provided, as I understand death notices were only issued if you had an estate worth quite a bit?

Nina :)
Cash, Robinson, Muller, Edwards, Olckers, Powell, Keep, Barleigh, Benny

Offline EmPea

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 19 March 09 10:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi Nina

The National Archives and the Death Notices is our main source for research.  Besides that, there are a few sites where one can find baptisms, marriages, passenger records but they are a hit and miss affair.  Nothing in SA like Ancestry I'm afraid.

Í'm sure all will be under the sticky topic "Useful websites for searching in South Africa".

Regards
Moira
South Africa - Wessels/Vorster
South Africa - Behr/Toerien
South Africa - Pnematicatos/Chimato
Cornwall, England & South Africa - Hicks/Breach
Yorkshire & Durham, England & South Africa - Kenney/Hucks

Offline peps70

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 09 July 11 11:40 BST (UK) »
I am very interested in Louis Cash, and also Isadore Cash (born 1971) and his family in USA and in SAfrica, as I am a close relative. I would be happy to share information, and hope you would be able to do the same. Isadore Cash (born 1971 in St Louis) had a least 7 sons in SA and one son had the name Isadore Louis Cash.  Also keen to know about Elizabether Sarah cash (nee Franche).

Offline djcash

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 11 September 11 13:42 BST (UK) »
I am Debra Jean Cash. My father is Henry John Louis Cash. My grandfather is Lovell John Louis Cash. I found a old photo of a gravestone which I suspect is my great grandfather. The name on it is Louis Isadore Cash. I am also trying to find out more info on my family history.
Debbie