Author Topic: William Hanna(h) of Haggs/Denny  (Read 2944 times)

Offline andrew shanks

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
William Hanna(h) of Haggs/Denny
« on: Friday 20 March 09 11:13 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for the parents of a William Hanna(h) who married Janet Scott at Denny in 1811.  He was born around 1791 at Haggs or Denny and died sometime between 1841 and 1851.

Based on the names of William's children I suspect that he may have been the son of Thomas Hannah and Margaret or Janet Mirk.  However, I would like to be able to confirm this and would be grateful for any assistance.

:)
Ireland: Arlour, Arlow, Hammond, Hannah, Shanks, Templeton

Scotland: Allan, Black, Carlyle, Corkingdale, Fleeting, Grant, Hammond, Hannah, Kirkwood, Lothian, McFarlane, Main, Neilson, Shanks, Sneddon, Stirling, Wood

Sussex/Hampshire/Surrey/London/Kent: Beagley, Champion, Clark, Douch, Earl, Jones, King, Ladyman, Ley, Pattenden, Peskett, Pink, Readings, Standen, Stonestreet, Windiate

Offline Urbanfox

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Hanna(h) of Haggs/Denny
« Reply #1 on: Friday 11 February 11 20:07 GMT (UK) »
I think i may be able to help youwith  William Hanna. I have an old part of a Hanna(h) family tree which seems to be made up of Stirlingshire Testaments. It traces back to 1633 when John Hanna of Little Denovan died. It mentions William Hanna marrying Janet Scott with parents Thomas Hanna marrying Margaret (Janet) Mirk 1789.
I am similarly looking for Hannahs between 1911 and 1792, hope this is of use.

Offline andrew shanks

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 11 February 11 20:26 GMT (UK) »
Hello slywright and welcome to Rootschat.

I think that this could be of very great use! 

Once you have placed 3 postings on Rootschat you will be able to use the private message facility to contact me and we can exchange e-mail addresses so that we can compare notes etc. away from the main discussion boards.

If you wish to do this I will look forward to hearing from you.

:)

Ireland: Arlour, Arlow, Hammond, Hannah, Shanks, Templeton

Scotland: Allan, Black, Carlyle, Corkingdale, Fleeting, Grant, Hammond, Hannah, Kirkwood, Lothian, McFarlane, Main, Neilson, Shanks, Sneddon, Stirling, Wood

Sussex/Hampshire/Surrey/London/Kent: Beagley, Champion, Clark, Douch, Earl, Jones, King, Ladyman, Ley, Pattenden, Peskett, Pink, Readings, Standen, Stonestreet, Windiate

Offline Urbanfox

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 11 February 11 20:53 GMT (UK) »
Yes, look forward to exchanging information.