Author Topic: Roland John Jones - Bussell?  (Read 1377 times)

Offline chromecrusher

• I am sorry but my email is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Roland John Jones - Bussell?
« on: Saturday 21 March 09 12:25 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for the parents of Roland John Jones, There is a real mystery as his mother called herself Catherine Jones when in fact she was Catherine Gladys Selvey Bussell who arrived in SA with a daughter Violet Bussell born 1900 and I think her husband Henry John Bussell.
The family always new Violet as the sister of Roland and a later sister Sheila. We do not understand how we came to be called Jones. Can anyone help.
Knowles, Clarkson,Sandham,HaydockCrook,Dugdale, Pinder, Pettyt, Bond, Oddie .
Blackburn,Clitheroe,Waddington,Lancaster,Silsden

Offline Leanne68

• RootsChat Member
  • The next generation!
    • View Profile
Re: Roland John Jones - Bussell?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 22 March 09 15:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

There are a number of clues held in the file references on the NAAIRS site.  Included is this one, giving the maiden name of Catherine as HOWELL and showing a divorce from Henry BUSSELL in 1911. 

DEPOT     TAB
VOLUME_NO 0
REFERENCE 59/1911
DESCRIPTION          ILLIQUID CASE DIVORCE CATHARINE GLADYS SILVEY BUSSELL (BORN HOWELL)VERSUS HENRY JOHN.
STARTING  19110000                                                             

Guess work could lead you down the path of a possible 2nd marriage, to Mr JONES, Ronald's father.

best wishes
Leanne
in the Netherlands
ENG - Bath, Blacker, Brockman, Brook, Bundock, Cains, Davenport+, Earle, Edmonds^,Fletcher, Hinds, Holehouse, Holliday+, Jackson*, Laver+, Leach*,Litt^, Oxenham, Pirie*, Radford, Robinson, Staples*, Starkey+, Tarr*, Toye, Warner*, Whiffen, White, Wooley, Wright
IRE - Barnes, Caples, Hurst, McNamara, Quirk, Ryan, Towell, Wilson
SCOT - Craig, Davidson, Hervie, Kerr, McCallum, McFarlane, Reid, Robinson, Thorburn, Wright

* 1820 to Cape of Good Hope
^ 1841-1853 to Vict, Aus
+ 1860's to QLD, Aus

Offline Leanne68

• RootsChat Member
  • The next generation!
    • View Profile
Re: Roland John Jones - Bussell?
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 22 March 09 15:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi again,

This rootweb board posting might also be of interest :

http://boards.ancestry.com/localities.africa.southafrica.general/9602/mb.ashx

regards
Leanne
ENG - Bath, Blacker, Brockman, Brook, Bundock, Cains, Davenport+, Earle, Edmonds^,Fletcher, Hinds, Holehouse, Holliday+, Jackson*, Laver+, Leach*,Litt^, Oxenham, Pirie*, Radford, Robinson, Staples*, Starkey+, Tarr*, Toye, Warner*, Whiffen, White, Wooley, Wright
IRE - Barnes, Caples, Hurst, McNamara, Quirk, Ryan, Towell, Wilson
SCOT - Craig, Davidson, Hervie, Kerr, McCallum, McFarlane, Reid, Robinson, Thorburn, Wright

* 1820 to Cape of Good Hope
^ 1841-1853 to Vict, Aus
+ 1860's to QLD, Aus