Author Topic: PAMPLIN Nellie 1907 Kingston district  (Read 4411 times)

Offline ln4266

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: PAMPLIN Nellie 1907 Kingston district
« Reply #9 on: Friday 23 October 15 22:00 BST (UK) »
Hi, i am also researching the family - see my previous posts. I realise it is a while since your posts, but if you have any further information on the family, it would be good to chat.

Offline GersGirl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 06 March 17 18:53 GMT (UK) »
Hello, there is not a lot that I have as my grandmother is adopted.  My grandmother was born in Aldershot in May 1927. I can't put her details publicly on here as she is happily still alive and well, but her birth surname was Pamplin.

We know her birth mother was Nellie Pamplin from her original birth certificate, and there is an address.

All we know about Nellie Pamplin is that she was connected to the Aldershot barracks, possibly a barmaid, and fell pregnant by one of the soldiers. My great grandfather was also in the Aldershot Barracks at the time, and as he and my great grandmother were childless, decided to adopt the baby. My great grandmother always suspected the child (my grandmother) to actually her husband's as the incentive to adopt her came from him and he arranged it all.

Sorry, it's not a lot. Does this connect with Pamplins you are researching?
Walker (Inverurie, Scotland) Walker (Lisbon & Oporto) Smith de Menezes (Lisbon & Brazil) Patterson (Edenderry, Eire) Cope (Bromley) Cope (Hilgay NFK), Stott (Stainland, Elland & Dewsbury) Stott (Kent) Howroyd (Dewsbury) Gomersall (Dewsbury), Edwards (Kings Lynn), Easton (Middlesex & London)

Offline GersGirl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 06 March 17 18:58 GMT (UK) »
Also, about 20 years ago my grandmother found she had a half brother Ernest. Same mother (Nellie Pamplin), but different father, and he was a little younger than her.  Nellie had died in the 1930s of cancer he said.

Walker (Inverurie, Scotland) Walker (Lisbon & Oporto) Smith de Menezes (Lisbon & Brazil) Patterson (Edenderry, Eire) Cope (Bromley) Cope (Hilgay NFK), Stott (Stainland, Elland & Dewsbury) Stott (Kent) Howroyd (Dewsbury) Gomersall (Dewsbury), Edwards (Kings Lynn), Easton (Middlesex & London)

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 07 March 17 07:14 GMT (UK) »
Also, about 20 years ago my grandmother found she had a half brother Ernest. Same mother (Nellie Pamplin), but different father, and he was a little younger than her.  Nellie had died in the 1930s of cancer he said.

Does the birth certificate give the middle name Dorothy for the mother   :-\

This would fit Nellie better with a 1930's death and is in the right area

Births Dec qtr 1898 
Nellie Frances Pamplin
Farnham    2a   131

Marriages Dec qtr 1934   
Nellie F Pamplin spouse Arthur Slim
Aldershot    2c   549

Deaths Dec qtr 1937
Nellie F Slim age  38   
Surrey S.W.    2a   555   

Nellie Dorothy married Hayhoe in 1929 (Kingston)

Deaths Jun qtr 1953 
Nellie D Hayhoe age  46   
Surrey N.    5g   326
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline GersGirl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 07 March 17 08:32 GMT (UK) »
I think there was no middle name on the birth certificate...

I will have to go back and ask. In the meantime I have found Ernest's birth.

Born in 1Q 1930 with same surname Pamplin, in St Olave, Bermondsey. So confusing!

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 07 March 17 10:04 GMT (UK) »
I think that Ernest may be older than you think and his birth registered in Farnham in 1925  :-\
Still in the same area when he died
Mr Ernest Lovelace Pamplin
Born 1925 - Died 4 Sep 2015 - Farnborough, England
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ln4266

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 26 March 18 11:34 BST (UK) »
Sorry for the delay in reply.

After finding some family records this weekend, it looks like Harold may have been adopted by the Pamplin family.

I do have a Nellie Pamplin in the extended family tree though, so i may be ableto give you more information on her?

I have also noticed that you are researching the London / Middlesex Eastons? I have some in my tree too, who moved to London from the countryside.