Author Topic: RED(D)ING/READING Marriage - Langley Marish area  (Read 1943 times)

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
RED(D)ING/READING Marriage - Langley Marish area
« on: Monday 23 March 09 13:20 GMT (UK) »
Could anyone please help me find a marriage for Henry Red(d)ing/Reading (don't know the name of his missus) in the Langley Marish area of Bucks?

I've found the baptism of his son Henry on the IGI in Langley Marish in 1678 so I'm assuming the marriage would be before this date.

The IGI also gives other Redding/Reading baptisms in Langley Marish going back to John in 1668 but only gives Henry as the father's name - no mother's name given.

I'd appreciate any help.

Jill

HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.

Offline tazzie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: RED(D)ING/READING Marriage - Langley Marish area
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 24 March 09 12:32 GMT (UK) »

Hi Jill.....

Had a look through the transcripts of PR's in Milton Keynes today.

I did not see a marriage in Langley Marish of a Henry Redding in the time scale.
  Instead I then checked burials for likely ones from bap of last child Thos in 1680.

Found....  buried in woollen Sep 30 1713   Redding Henry old man

Aug 22 1716   Redding Sarah.
  No age is given for Sarah of any relationship as dau of ...... Redding unlike the others.
 Also the name Reddington appears to run through as well.

All bapt of children just give Hen. as father.

Tazzie
Liscoe -all
Green/Simpson/Underwood-Beds
Walker/Foulkes/Fookes/Fooks/Hedges/Lamborne-Bucks.
Stanton/Pattrick/Cooper/Fitzjohn/Holland/Spalding-London
 Rewallin/Underwood -Devon
 Casbolt-London/Cambridge
 Favell/Favel - Lincs-Beds

This information is Crown Copyright from
   www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 24 March 09 12:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tazzie,

Thanks for that - it was really good of you.

I do so wish that parish clerks had included the mothers' names for all baptisms - it's not as if they didn't have much to do with the births!!  ::)

On the IGI, I've found a marriage for a Henry Redding to Ann Roe in Chalfont St Giles 18.6.1676. Not so far from L Marish. Problem is - there are children of Henry Redding being baptised in LM from 1668 - although my line is through his son Henry baptised 1678, so I'm now wondering if this could be a different Henry snr, calling his first son after himself.   :-\

Equally, the burials you've given me in L Marish do appear to suggest that Henry snr's wife was Sarah -  there are lots and lots of Reddings in Chalfont St Giles but no children of Henry after 1676!!  :o

Any thoughts?  ???

Jill
HELP!!!

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.

Offline tazzie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 24 March 09 13:10 GMT (UK) »

Looks like two as I saw John 1668 Phil 1670 Ann 1672 My 1674 Hen 1678 & Thos 1680.
  No real breaks to pop down to Chalfont there as they are too regular. Very likely they are related maybe as cousins. Hubby has one line with 3 William's all born same year same village mothers 2 Elizabeth's 1 Eliza only 1 married post 1837 so heck of a sort out on that one .
 I could not see Redding burials for the children only Redington and Redington snr was also a Henry who had a son Henry.

The burials for Henry & Sarah were the only burials as Redding post 1663 until I found them all the rest as Redington so were they incomers to the village from Chalfont?

Hmmm  no real answer there. I wonder how far Bucks fhs are with the PR's I am itching for their family history day in July to get a few results I can always add this one to my list. Let me know.

Tazzie
Liscoe -all
Green/Simpson/Underwood-Beds
Walker/Foulkes/Fookes/Fooks/Hedges/Lamborne-Bucks.
Stanton/Pattrick/Cooper/Fitzjohn/Holland/Spalding-London
 Rewallin/Underwood -Devon
 Casbolt-London/Cambridge
 Favell/Favel - Lincs-Beds

This information is Crown Copyright from
   www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 24 March 09 14:43 GMT (UK) »
Yes please, Tazzie - add it to your list!  ;D

In the meantime, as this is a new branch I've just got into, I think I might have to request a couple of Bucks FHS searches to try and get to the bottom of this name and a few others that have come up.

Thanks for your help.  ;D

Jill
HELP!!!