Author Topic: Birth Phythian 1868 Mold  (Read 3086 times)

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Birth Phythian 1868 Mold
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 26 March 09 12:35 GMT (UK) »
Yes I saw that on the initial enquiry, LKL . Aaron is 3 yrs - so the birth would fit- coming up to 4 yrs old in 1871.
At the moment, I would say that it is worth the try - I think you are able to apply for certificates saying that you only want it if the parent's name is ... . (That could be when naming a father though  :-\). If it is not yours, then part of the fee is refunded.
As I speculated earlier, Sarah could have been in service, or sent to a relative perhaps.

good luck
heywood  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Necromancer

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I've updated my profile ......
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 26 March 09 12:45 GMT (UK) »
yes, you can make the Cert conditional on a few parameters.

I must have misread the initial post as it seemed like the OP thought they were actually in Mold  :-\
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 26 March 09 13:10 GMT (UK) »
.. or 'Mould' as in census  ;D

Offline brephy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 28 March 09 12:54 GMT (UK) »
Thanks so much for your replies which are a great help.  I shall probably send for the certificate if all else fails.  As Aaron was with his mother in 1871 I should think the Mold or Mould as it says, is correct, but, as I have discovered in my searches, all sorts of things can be written down which are not strictly true. 

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 28 March 09 15:10 GMT (UK) »
It's worth it- Mold is the right area- Flintshire so it may be that it was the nearest town so that's what was written down.
Good luck
heywood

PS please let us know the outcome. Thanks

Offline brephy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 04 April 09 15:44 BST (UK) »
Today the birth certificate from GRO arrived.  WOWWWW.  Roots chatters have found the birth of my grandfather that I have been hunting for several years.  Thankyou all very much.  I would not have thought of any connection between Great Boughton and Mold, but everything relates to what I have already found - Aaron's death in June 1897 aged 30. his mother Sarah Fithean, and a blank where the name and occupation of the father should be.  The last piece of the jigsaw is to discover why Sarah gave birth at Woodlane in the subdistrict of Hawarden in the registration district of Great Boughton Flint and who was the Edward Weigh "Occupier  Woodlane" who registered the birth with his mark.  Was he relation, her employer or an occupier of a "Home For Fallen Women".  I hope the 1871 census will tell me, when both mother and baby were at home in Haydock with their  family.  Aaron went on to have a life successful to that era even though it was a short one.  Thanks again.   

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 04 April 09 17:46 BST (UK) »
That is good news - I am really pleased for you.

Edward and Jane Weigh were married in 1851 in W Derby - she was either Jane WIlliamson or Jane Yates according to Free BMD- do either of these names fit into the family. Lancashire BMD confirms the marriage- Jane Yates.

He was a farmer, so may well have been an employer but as Jane hails from the right area, she may well be a relative.

Family Search has a marriage for James Phythian to Sarah Yates 1832 Childwall.
I would say that she was with her aunt possibly.

best wishes
heywood

Offline brephy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 05 April 09 12:44 BST (UK) »
It gets better.  I was thrilled heywood to read your posting.  Sarah's mother was Sarah Yates and James and Sarah Phythian nee Yates moved from Liverpool after Sarah was born.  I have researched all the Phythian family but not yet started on the Yates, so now I shall do so.  I am glad that Sarah went to stay with family to have her baby.  Thanks again to you all for   your help  I hope I can be as helpful to someone else.

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 05 April 09 13:36 BST (UK) »
Yes it is good that she was with family and that she was able to keep him afterwards.
Good luck with the Yates

heywood