Author Topic: what happened to Mary Annie Calverley?  (Read 11348 times)

Offline A.Enting

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: what happened to Mary Annie Calverley?
« Reply #9 on: Friday 24 April 09 08:41 BST (UK) »
Thank you Pat.

Now that I am back from holiday and my daughter's birthday celebrations are almost behind us  I am going to get back to some serious research. A short while ago I found some marriages of mary / mary annie so I will start by working through them to try to identify which if any are our mary.

Also, I think I mentioned I had proved through parish and other items/records the calverley ancestors through to Nathaniel Calverley who married Jane Wells in Hampthwaite, Yorkshire on 5th May 1675.

So in a very few weeks I am going to Leeds record office to do some research and in hopefully a couple of weeks I am going to Hampthswaite village to see if I can find any trails or clues - there may be a library and I can check gravestones if any a still readable etc.  The Calverleys where in  Hampsthwaite a while, in occupations like Weavers, Lorrimers, cloggers and labourers. Our line then took up Carpentry and moved to the nearby locations of Spofforth and on to Mickley (where Frederick Clarkson Calverley was born who then moved to Darlington where my Grandad was born). According to the 1841 census a branch of the Calverley line stayed in Hampthwaite, So I am hoping I may find something by way of a clue.

Will keep you informed if I find anything.

The above villages are not far from the village / town of CALVERLEY which lies between Leeds and Bradford. It is thought the Calverleys all came originally from there and there is a lot of information to be found but I want to trace the tree myself as proof of our line.
A large Calverley family lived in CALVERLEY for some 600 years at a small 'Hall'. We visited it last year and found a 'Pedigree' in the local library which was very useful.

Talk soon - kind regards and regards to Kenny. 
Been researching lots - White, (O')Callaghans, Cleeve, Greenhalgh, Pollitt, Emerson, Bastard, and currently My Father's line - the Calverleys from Yorkshire.

Offline madabout

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 24 April 09 08:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Angela

I think you are best looking for Mary Annie, it's a case of cross referencing the names.

Good luck
Pat

Goulds of Sheffield, Thursfields of Staffordshire, Warwickshire, Archers of Smisby, Ropes of Earsham/Eastwood, Hursts of Dukinfield/Stalybridge/Kingsbury, Andrew roller makers of Stalybridge/Dukinfield.

Offline Calverley Lad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 12 May 09 21:23 BST (UK) »
Thank you Pat.

Now that I am back from holiday and my daughter's birthday celebrations are almost behind us  I am going to get back to some serious research. A short while ago I found some marriages of mary / mary annie so I will start by working through them to try to identify which if any are our mary.

Also, I think I mentioned I had proved through parish and other items/records the calverley ancestors through to Nathaniel Calverley who married Jane Wells in Hampthwaite, Yorkshire on 5th May 1675.

So in a very few weeks I am going to Leeds record office to do some research and in hopefully a couple of weeks I am going to Hampthswaite village to see if I can find any trails or clues - there may be a library and I can check gravestones if any a still readable etc.  The Calverleys where in  Hampsthwaite a while, in occupations like Weavers, Lorrimers, cloggers and labourers. Our line then took up Carpentry and moved to the nearby locations of Spofforth and on to Mickley (where Frederick Clarkson Calverley was born who then moved to Darlington where my Grandad was born). According to the 1841 census a branch of the Calverley line stayed in Hampthwaite, So I am hoping I may find something by way of a clue.

Will keep you informed if I find anything.

The above villages are not far from the village / town of CALVERLEY which lies between Leeds and Bradford. It is thought the Calverleys all came originally from there and there is a lot of information to be found but I want to trace the tree myself as proof of our line.
A large Calverley family lived in CALVERLEY for some 600 years at a small 'Hall'. We visited it last year and found a 'Pedigree' in the local library which was very useful.

Talk soon - kind regards and regards to Kenny. 

You mean the Old Hall!
To save a trip have a look here:
http://calverley.info
 or have a look around here:
http://www.genuki.org.uk (Find Leeds  West Yorkshire and look at St Peter's church baptisms)
 Brian
Yewdall/Yewdell/Youdall -Yorkshire

Offline A.Enting

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 18 May 09 02:44 BST (UK) »
hello Brian - thank you for the post - been away and busy - just got to read it. Visited CALVERLEY last year - yep, it is Old Hall - very nice too. I have found lots on the Calverley info pages of help. 

Just had a look at your leed into Genuki - but I'm lost. Could not find your leed, but it is very late and I am very tired, so I will have a good look around the site tomorrow... I hope.

Many thanks again for your contact. All help always appreciated. Off to snooze now.
Been researching lots - White, (O')Callaghans, Cleeve, Greenhalgh, Pollitt, Emerson, Bastard, and currently My Father's line - the Calverleys from Yorkshire.

Offline Calverley Lad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 20 May 09 19:47 BST (UK) »
Click on the link below, you should find that easier.
http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/YKS/WRY/Leeds/index.html
 Regards Brian

Offline A.Enting

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 21 May 09 11:57 BST (UK) »
Thank you Brian,

Checked the records but cannot find the one I need. In this earlier time frame it is the birth of Nathaniel Calverley I really need to establish and his parentage - circa 1647. Supposedly in the Hampsthwaite/Pannal/Swinton/Kirkby Overblow area. Hmmm - just a bit vague on this  ??? but all I have to go on. I shall keep trying  8). Many thanks for the link. kind regards. Angela.

Offline madabout

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 21 May 09 12:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Angela

there is supposed to be Nathaniel chr. 1647 at Kildwick son of Tho. & Deborae

Pat
Goulds of Sheffield, Thursfields of Staffordshire, Warwickshire, Archers of Smisby, Ropes of Earsham/Eastwood, Hursts of Dukinfield/Stalybridge/Kingsbury, Andrew roller makers of Stalybridge/Dukinfield.

Offline Calverley Lad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 21 May 09 12:31 BST (UK) »
O'k Angela, it's me again.
Nathaniel married Jane Wells in Hampsthwaite 5th May 1675.
Tried looking for a birth but nothing on site.
Although I found a couple of burials for children of Nathaniel.
 Regards Brian

Offline Calverley Lad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 21 May 09 12:40 BST (UK) »
Just a quick note.
Looking at Hampsthwaite records, be aware that Nathaniel had a son called Nathaniel?
 Brian