Author Topic: Marriage lookup please - MEANLY/FAIRY  (Read 1140 times)

Offline Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Marriage lookup please - MEANLY/FAIRY
« on: Thursday 26 March 09 10:23 GMT (UK) »
Thomas Meanly or Manly married Sarah Fairy in Melchbourne on 10 Oct 1778.  I am looking for the parish of Sarah and names of witnesses, if possible.

Also, a Sarah Meanly was buried in Melchbourne on 17 Feb 1803.  Does the register give her age?

Many thanks

Gillg
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

FAIREY/FAIRY/FAREY/FEARY, LAWSON, CHURCH, BENSON, HALSTEAD from Easton, Ellington, Eynesbury, Gt Catworth, Huntingdon, Spaldwick, Hunts;  Burnley, Lancs;  New Zealand, Australia & US.

HURST, BOLTON,  BUTTERWORTH, ADAMSON, WILD, MCIVOR from Milnrow, Newhey, Oldham & Rochdale, Lancs., Scotland.

Offline johnP-bedford

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage lookup please - MEANLY/FAIRY
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 28 March 09 16:57 GMT (UK) »
Hello Gillg,

From the Melchbourne PR transcript - there is no additional info of the 1778 marriage of Thomas Meanly & Sarah Fairey...... if you want witnesses you'll have to get that from the microfilm held at Beds Archives....

.... & nor is anything useful on the burial of Sarah Meanly in 1803 ....

.... other than it did not say son or daughter of Thomas & Sarah Meanley like on all other burials of their children William, Mary, Hannah, John ...

.... & it is noticeable there were no futher baptisms of Meanley children after that 1803 date ......  so was she the wife of Thomas ?, as I could not see a baptism of another Sarah.

Also noted a burial of Ann, wife of Thomas Meanly on 22/10/1777

regards John 
Partridge - North Beds; Northants & Peterborough
Bishop - Bedford; Hunts, Hemingford Grey
Allen - Hunts, Hemingford Abbotts
Clement - Croydon
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage lookup please - MEANLY/FAIRY
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 29 March 09 14:04 BST (UK) »
Hi John

Thanks for your help on this.  I'm just trying to find a Sarah Fair(e)y, mother of my ancestor William, born 1776 and presumably illegitimately, as no father's name is given in the Gt Catworth PR.  I'm extending my search across the border from Hunts, as I can't tie Sarah into the other Gt Catworth Fairy family around at that time.  It's possible that the Sarah who married in Melchbourne was baptised in Dean in 1760 and daughter of Samuel and Sarah Fary- that's why I was hoping for a parish in the marriage records.

Anyway, you have given me more to think about.  ;D

Many thanks

Gill

FAIREY/FAIRY/FAREY/FEARY, LAWSON, CHURCH, BENSON, HALSTEAD from Easton, Ellington, Eynesbury, Gt Catworth, Huntingdon, Spaldwick, Hunts;  Burnley, Lancs;  New Zealand, Australia & US.

HURST, BOLTON,  BUTTERWORTH, ADAMSON, WILD, MCIVOR from Milnrow, Newhey, Oldham & Rochdale, Lancs., Scotland.