Author Topic: CRUMPLED GRANNY  (Read 2697 times)

Offline PrueM

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Please don't try to PM me :)
    • View Profile
Re: CRUMPLED GRANNY
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 29 March 09 05:31 BST (UK) »
I'd love to have a go at this restoration stuff.  I'd never aspire to being any good but it'd be great to be able to restore a crumbled corner or something really simple like that.  Is there any tutorial or anything similar that you could direct me to which would give a complete amateur a start??

Hi Ninian  :)
Have a look at the topics on this board:
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/board,426.0.html
There are lots of tips and tutorials to choose from - have a go and see what suits you and you'll be here restoring with the rest of us in no time!

Cheers
Prue

Offline Ninian

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 29 March 09 17:37 BST (UK) »
Many thanks Prue

I shall have a go at something very simple.  I've got lots of photos with just a few crumpled edges - if I could master that I'd be very happy.  I could never aspire to the sort of thing you lot can do - far too much skill and patience for me!!

Many thanks to everyone who restored my gran - my mother will be so pleased when she sees them.

Ninian
Roberts (Llandanwg, Llanfihangel y traethau, Ffestiniog, Merionydd);  Jones (Bethesda, Caernarfonshire; Llandyfrydog, Angelsey); Jones, Davies (Bagillt, Holywell, Flintshire);  Turner, Bardsley (Ashton, Lancashire);  Fielding (Darley Dale, Derbyshire); Brockelbank (Louth, Lincolnshire); Allen (Ridgmont, Bedfordshire)

Offline Lady Di

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 31 March 09 09:56 BST (UK) »
deleted
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Ninian

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 31 March 09 20:20 BST (UK) »
Many thanks Di

Ninian
Roberts (Llandanwg, Llanfihangel y traethau, Ffestiniog, Merionydd);  Jones (Bethesda, Caernarfonshire; Llandyfrydog, Angelsey); Jones, Davies (Bagillt, Holywell, Flintshire);  Turner, Bardsley (Ashton, Lancashire);  Fielding (Darley Dale, Derbyshire); Brockelbank (Louth, Lincolnshire); Allen (Ridgmont, Bedfordshire)

Offline jc26red

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 31 March 09 23:03 BST (UK) »
and my effort

Jenny
Please acknowledge when a restorer works on your photos, it can take hours for them to work their magic

Please scan at 300dpi minimum to help save the restorers eyesight.

Offline Ninian

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 02 April 09 22:13 BST (UK) »
Thanks Jenny - its very good.  You've even made her hair shiny.

Ninian

Offline chinakay

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Our housegoof
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 02 April 09 22:51 BST (UK) »
These are incredible...you've all done so much with so little...RC restoration team has triumphed again :D

Cheers,
China
Moore/Paterson~Montreal
Moore/Addison~New Brunswick
Jubb/Kerr~Mirfield~Halifax~Moffatt
Williams~Dolwyddelan

King~Bedfordshire~Hull
Jenkins~Somerset
Sellers~Hull

Offline Ninian

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 06 April 09 09:44 BST (UK) »
Hello to everyone who restored my Gran

I thought I ought to tell you that you are all quite famous (locally). 

I showed your restorations to a couple of people in the village and they've been telling everyone else ... who have all wanted to see them. 

Everyone is mightily impressed.  They have created quite an interest.  I thought you might like to know

Many thanks to all, once again

Ninian

Offline jc26red

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 06 April 09 11:29 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the feedback Ninian  :D

It was well worth the 5 hours of work then  ;D ;D ;D

Jenny
Please acknowledge when a restorer works on your photos, it can take hours for them to work their magic

Please scan at 300dpi minimum to help save the restorers eyesight.