Author Topic: Arthur Doherty & Anne Kearney (Carney) - Greencastle  (Read 5998 times)

Offline Regina_D

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Arthur Doherty & Anne Kearney (Carney) - Greencastle
« on: Friday 27 March 09 00:20 GMT (UK) »
Looking for info re:  Arthur Doherty married Anne Kearney (Carney).  Found LDS records for children: Mary Anne b 22 Sep 1872 Fermanagh;  Patrick b 28 Feb 1874;  Neil b 4 Jul 1871 (to Anne Carney); Cornelius b 30 Jul 1870 also to Anne Carney.
Patrick came to NYC prior to 1906 and lived on the East Side. 
Arthur another child of Arthur and Anne came to NYC in 1906 and again in 1911 (passenger lists refer to his brother Patrick on E 57 and E 54 Sts).  Can't find Patrick in any census or Military or Death records.  Arthur married Teresa McGilloway, liven in NYC for a while and then Corona, Queens - they had 8 kids; he died in 1964.  Another child of Arthur and Anne Kearney was Rose (my grandmother) came to NY in 1893, married Michael Doherty (Dougherty in the US) and settled in Brooklyn having 11 children.  Rose died in 1941.
Looking for marriage date for Arthur and Anne as well as birth and death dates in Ireland.  Also the names of their parents and if there were any other children.  Any help is greatly appreciated.
Doherty   Carndonagh & McCafferty  Carndonagh

Offline derrylass

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Arthur Doherty & Anne Kearney (Carney) - Greencastle
« Reply #1 on: Friday 27 March 09 20:59 GMT (UK) »
Marriages Innishowen 1869 Vol 2 / Page 197
Arthur Doherty
Anne Kearney.
You can apply for the marriage cert (request photocopy of original entry) at
http://www.groireland.ie/apply_for_a_cert.htm

Offline Regina_D

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 28 March 09 20:35 GMT (UK) »
Derrylass,   Thank you so very much.....I put this out there without much hope as
I was at a dead end for so long.....I will fax the application for the Marriage Certificate
this afternoon.  Hopefully it will list at least their father's names and I can go from there.
THANK YOU!
Regina

Offline Regina_D

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 27 April 09 22:51 BST (UK) »
I received the Marriage Record today and will post the info in case it might contain a germ of info that might help someone else in their search especially since there were over 200 hits on this topic.  Also attaching a jpeg.

7 Feb 1869 in Roman Catholic Chapel of Bocan in Registrar's District of Malin in the Union of Inishowen in the County of Donegal

Arthur Doherty   Full Age   Bachelor  Farmer  living in Moville  Father Cornelius Doherty   also a Farmer
married
Ann Kearney     Full Age   Spinster                 living in Milltown  Father Neal Kearney (deceased) also was a Farmer

Witnesses:   James Molloy and James McGruddy

Subsequently found them in Ballymacarthur Census of 1901 with following children:
Arthur 15; Maggie 20; Cassie 16; Bernard 14; and father Cornelius was living with them as a Widower  age shown as 116 (?). 

Image Removed: only a small portion of a certificate may be dispayed for identification purposes