Author Topic: WAKEFIELD.. CAN ANYONE HELP?  (Read 10140 times)

Offline karen higgins

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: WAKEFIELD.. CAN ANYONE HELP?
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 20 June 09 23:19 BST (UK) »
Hello, Oh Yer my granny said something about rebecca brewin, i never knew there was another child though only thought she had one child out there, so leonards father had another child called rebecca nellie wakefield then she died with the other child....

and yes leonard john wakefield was the son of esther sommers and thomas wakefield....

thomas and esther...
leonard john wakefield and julia bayliss (although his name wasnt on the birth certificate as it was all hidden from the parents....

florence bayliss and thomas davey (my grannys mum and dad)

no rebbeca nellie lived and came back to england thats all i know about her at the min.
i had a look for leonard john wakefied and could only find 1 birth in leeds 1890
and 1 marriage to a elanor yeadon in derby 1915 but can't find any children for them but this might be right as i think what you are saying is that leonard and julia didn't marry?which i find strange ? and had look for florence bayliss and only found 1florence m bayliss born 1912 westham parent bayliss do you know if she was born there?
                                          speak to you soon
                                        and will post the links later
                                                  karen
wakefield,goodall,burtonwood,

Offline karen higgins

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 20 June 09 23:42 BST (UK) »
there will be no record of florence bayliss as she waas ileghitamete child of leonard

her birth would still have been registered but fathers name left blank wouldn't
have it? if she had a birth certificate she would have been registered why was his name not on in and why did they not get married was it because of his parents? :'(

Offline karen higgins

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 21 June 09 00:09 BST (UK) »
i dont know, her name might be under florence baysin or florence eustace... she married thomas davey

no can't find anthing for those names all i can find is florence m bayliss married thomas g davies 1919 abergavenney and florence b bayliss married edgar t davies tewksbury 1924 no bayliss and daveys :(

Offline karen higgins

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 23 June 09 21:58 BST (UK) »
Nope Them names Arent Right, My Grandmother said That Florence Was married As Eustace, But She Was An Illegitamate Child Of Leonard, And No One Knew About her Being Illegitamate... And Leonard John Died At 27 In The War I Think, And His Family Probably Still Didnt Know, But I Do Know That Before He Went In The Army He Lied About Being Married, He Went Into The Army In 1917 And Was married 1915 To Elanor Muriel Yeadon, But In His Army Papers he Applied As A Batchelor

hello,
                     he was a bit of a lad then?so florence was adopted by a mr eustace did julia bayliss marry a daniel j g eustace in 1916?that is the only marriage i can find for a julia bayliss to a eustace?and  i think maybe leonard was already married to elanor yeadon when he met julia thats why he didn't marry her or have his name on certificate incase his wife and familly found out
but maybe not all was right with his marriage when he met julia and maybe later divorced her then he would have been single ?cc wakefield was lord mayor of london at this time also so no scandels.

speak to you soon
                                                        karen

Offline karen higgins

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 25 June 09 19:02 BST (UK) »
Hello, Yes lol thats exactly what my granny said, he was a bit of a lad. and that must be who julia married... and no Florence was adopted by someone else because she was an illegitamate child i think... not sure.

And he married elenor yeadon, yes but my great granny was born 1912 and he married elanor 1915 without his family or her family knowing, and then he died in the war and his family found out.

ask me some questions you may be looking for on the wakefields lol my granny knows all of them.

take care

hello,
                      this is how my tree goes and what i am looking for
edith wakefield married james burtonwood          her parents were
alfred wakefield married ann jane bretland           his parents were
john wakefield married mary cheers                     his parents were
thomas wakefield married julianna carwithin        his parents were
robert wakefield married sarah roberts                 his parents were
thomas wakefield married sarah?                         his parents were?
edward wakefield married isabella gibbons
i need to find a marriage certificate for thomas married to sarah to find out what her maiden name was and that edward and isabella were his parents
to confirm us to this line as i know that edward jerringham wakefield was charles cheers wakefields second cousin and i believe this is how we are connected? but back in those days every thing went to the first son and our thomas was a second son there is a lot of information about there first son edward married to priscilla wakefield but nothing about thomas ?
has granny heard of any of these names?a lso does granny have any pics of any of the wakefilds as i only have a pic of edith wakefield at the moment but ediths youngest son only died last year and having lived in the same house from when he was born i was hoping that he would have had alot of pics and certificates but he didn't :(

karen
                                     your wakefield relation

Offline karen higgins

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 26 June 09 18:45 BST (UK) »
Hello, I Will Ask My Granny About Those Names And See If She Can Hel With Any Info,

And Thomas Wakefield Who Married Esther Sommers was Leonard John Wakfields Parents, And Leonard John Wakefield Was My Great Great Grandad (My Grannys Mums Dad)...

And i think my granny has a few pictures of the wakefields, if you want to, i could give you her address but you will have to mail me on my hotmail address, and i cant write that in here, i will send it in a private message and i will mail you her address and you could write to her and maybe she will copy some photos and send them to you?

hello :)
                          thanks for that i will write to her is it mrs daveys?
thomas married too esther was my gr,gr,gr,gr,gr grand uncle so that will have made leonard my first cousin 5x removed i think that is how it goes.
i also found yesterday but you probaly already now if it is correct there is a leonard john wakefield died ww1 of the liverpool scottish regiment was he in this? there is a cast bronze plaque to him in the liverpool scottish regiment museum then next to it ,it says st andrews church?

:-* :-*
                                                 karen

Offline karen higgins

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 29 June 09 18:45 BST (UK) »
Hello again :) and its ann davey.. and yes thats right i think leonard j wakefield was my great grandfather and his parents are my gr gr grandparents so r u sure its as many as 5x lol?
and yes i knew about leonard john wakefield in the army :) my granny has all his records and application form for it :) never knew about the museum thing thou, i will have to tell my granny about that :) and i will email you her address?
take care

hello thanks for that ;)
 there is me, my mum,grandma,gr grandad arthur,gr gr grandma edith, gr gr gr grandad alfred, gr gr gr gr grandad john, gr gr gr gr gr grandad thomas married too julianna carwithin. and i am twice your age plus 10 ;) and my mum is three times your age plus 13 ;) and my grandma would have been four times your age plus 17 this year but she passed in 2005, and arthur was born 1902 and passed in1969 at age 67,edith was born 1879, alfred was born 1849
and john was born in 1826 and thomas married to julianna carwithin was born 1801 and thomas married to esther sommers was born in 1836.

take care speak to you soon
                                                         :-* :-*

Offline philmouritz

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 16 July 09 22:34 BST (UK) »
Hi readers,
I know I an a little late responding but Juliana Carwithen was born at Ripley, Derbyshire abt 1796 and died March Q 1886 at Chester, Chestershire aged 89 years. Juliana was the grandmother of First Viscount Wakefield, Baron Charles Cheers Wakefield 1860-1941. Charles, known also as 'Cheers' which was his mother's maiden name, was the founder of Castrol Oil (this is a corruption of castor oil). 
I descend from Juliana's only brother, John Carwithen, 1794-1873, as follows:
Philip Gregory Mouritz 1954-
'Betty' Ellen Elizabeth Whittaker 1933- m 'Tony' Brian Anthony Mouritz 1932-
Doris Lillian Carwithen b 1899 Birmingham, Warcs d 1980 Perth, Western Australia m 'Jack' John Whittaker b 1900 Kidderminster, Worcestershire
Samuel Carwithen b 1861 Derby St Peters, Derbyshire d 1942 Birmingham, Warcs m 'Ellen' Eleanor Street b Madeley, Shropshire d 1940 Birmingham, Warcs
George Carwithen b 1826 Turnditch, Derbyshire d 1865 Birmingham, Warcs m Ann Radford b abt 1829 Turnditch, Derbyshire d 1906 Birmingham, Warcs
John Carwithen b 1794 Ripley, Derbyshire d June 1873 Stafford, Staffordshire (Juliana's brother) m second time Ann Clay b 1804 Derby, Derbyshire d 1864 Derby, Derbyshire
John Carwithen b abt 1762 , Derbyshire d 1838 Derby, Derbyshire m Sarah Getliffe b abt 1764 , Derbyshire d Mar Q 1838 Derby, Derbyshire
John Carwithen b abt 1740 Derbyshire? d abt 1777 Derbyshire? m Nanny?
Caleb Carwithen b abt 1715 Derbyshire? d 1768 Derbyshire?  m Rebecca Draper b abt 1715
If anyone can assist with further family connections I would love to hear from them-please utilise my email: (*)
Perth, Western Australia

(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php