Author Topic: Birth look up Tait  (Read 409 times)

Offline morna

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Birth look up Tait
« on: Friday 18 February 05 14:18 GMT (UK) »
Am trying to find parents of Alice Tait. I found her birth registered Jan-Mar 1843 Berwick. Vol xxv page 21, on 1837online. If anyone can do this look up for me it would be great
Thanks

Morna

Offline Hackstaple

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Family researcher
    • View Profile
Re: Birth look up Tait
« Reply #1 on: Friday 18 February 05 14:53 GMT (UK) »
If you buy that certificate, having the reference already, your questions will be answered.
At most, someone might find the family on the 1851 census [not so easy as it sounds] but all it will show is the father and mother Christian names and where they lived - a few other bits and bobs. If there was more than one Alice Tait of about the right age they would not know which is which. There is no guarantee that the 1851 census will find them living in Berwick either.
So, I repeat, buy the certificate  8)
Southern or Southan [Hereford , Monmouthshire & Glos], Jenkins, Meredith and Morgan [Monmouthshire and Glos.], Murrill, Damary, Damry, Ray, Lawrence [all Middx. & London], Nethway from Kenn or Yatton. Also Riley and Lyons in South Africa and Riley from St. Helena.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk