Author Topic: ALLISONS from WISTOW ,YORKSHIRE to CANADA c 1835-40's HELP PLEASE  (Read 1956 times)

Offline rubyredslippers

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: ALLISONS from WISTOW ,YORKSHIRE to CANADA c 1835-40's HELP PLEASE
« Reply #9 on: Monday 06 April 09 22:15 BST (UK) »
Thanks again Jacquie . ;D ;D
I knew there were two so at least now i know the other isaac did not emigrate .
I thought it strange to have two Isaacs , never crossed my mind that the younger one may have died.
On the Burail Index would it reveal the place of birth regarding all these chilsdrens father William Allison c 1786 Yorkshire . As yet i have not found where he is from he died  28 november 1848  In wistow Yorkshire.

Offline Jacquie in Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 07 April 09 00:32 BST (UK) »
It was common for given names to be reused if a child died in infancy. I've come across that many times while researching my lines and when helping others with theirs.

The burial index lists name, age, date of burial and where the burial occurred and not much else. Sorry.

Jacquie
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
England (Northumberland): Brown, Whitfield, Henderson
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford
Germans from Russia: Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Meach, Lorenz

Offline rubyredslippers

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 07 April 09 08:38 BST (UK) »
Thanks Jacquie i have only access to ancestry .co.uk .
But i searched BDM  for the Isaac you found and could not find it so many thanks.At least i know where my Alisons are and that that some  did go to Canada.
Problem is there is two entries on IGi n many cases for my family .
William c 1786 i have been unable to find his birth as yet. In 1841 it's just "Yorkshire" - which is a big area .
sue

Offline Jacquie in Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 07 April 09 19:51 BST (UK) »
Thanks Jacquie i have only access to ancestry .co.uk .
But i searched BDM  for the Isaac you found and could not find it so many thanks.At least i know where my Alisons are and that that some  did go to Canada.
Problem is there is two entries on IGi n many cases for my family .
William c 1786 i have been unable to find his birth as yet. In 1841 it's just "Yorkshire" - which is a big area .
sue

The Isaac born in 1827 died before statutory registration began in 1837 so his death won't be included. I gave you the information for the marriage entry regarding the Isaac born in 1834 and there is a death for Isaac Allison, 77, whose death was registered in the first quarter of 1911 in Selby (Volume: 9c, Page: 640). Both the marriage and death entries can be found at the Free BMD site:
http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl or at Ancestry (same index as Free BMD).

Jacquie
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
England (Northumberland): Brown, Whitfield, Henderson
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford
Germans from Russia: Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Meach, Lorenz

Offline rubyredslippers

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 07 April 09 21:54 BST (UK) »
Thanks again Jacquie !
You are a Gem  ;D