Author Topic: Eva Mary CREEK - NSW look up please  (Read 3014 times)

Offline mum mum

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Robert Warnock and Annie Balcombe
    • View Profile
Re: Eva Mary CREEK - NSW look up please
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 18 April 09 01:54 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I live in Albury, the albury and District Historical society is holding a cemetery walk tomorrow. Apparently they are going to put the recorrds on the internet soon. If I get time to attend the walk tomorrow I will see what I can find for you, otherwise contact the society. Google will find the address.
mum mum
Balcombe, Sussex. Warnes, Norfolk and Australia. Hansen, Denmark and Canada. Williams, Canada. Warnock, Forsythe, Joyce, Sayers, in Ireland.

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 18 April 09 02:12 BST (UK) »
HI mum mum

That is kind of you to offer.  There have been two links running on this topic [link to the other topic in one of the previous replies] and a lot of information including links to the Historical Society and library have been detailed. Don't know if these have been followed up.

However there is nothing like having local  on the spot ;D

Hope you are successful in finding the grave and perhaps a death notice from the local paper.

Cheers
Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 18 April 09 03:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Mandy

I did a trawl through The Border Morning Mail for Sept 1984 but found nothing.  :(

Judith

DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 21 April 09 05:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Mandy

EUREKA!!!!!!

I phoned the Albury cemetery today as I couldn't find an email for them for you to send and YAY - this is what I found:

Eva Mary CREEK died 6 October 1984, buried 8 October 1984
Her grave site is:
Waugh Rd, Plan 18, Section RC, Row D, Grave 19

Funeral Directors:
Lester & Son Funeral Directors
(02) 6040 5066
359 Wantigong St (Cnr Mate St)
Albury NSW 2640

The person I spoke to at the cemetery said the funeral directors may be able to give you more information so you could write to them and ask.

The lovely man at the cemetery gave me his email address and said if you email him he will take a photo of the grave and email it to you. I'll PM you his address.

So pleased to have helped you solve your mystery!  I plan to be at the National Library tomorrow so will have another look at the Albury newspaper to see if there is a death notice for her - what a pain, last week when I had a look I stopped at the end of September so missed it by a few days.

Cheers, Judith

DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

Offline mum mum

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Robert Warnock and Annie Balcombe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 21 April 09 07:48 BST (UK) »
Glad you found that, I was planning to go to the cemetery office this week now that I have found out where it is. I hadn't been able to fit it in yet so I can cross it off my list.
mum mum
Balcombe, Sussex. Warnes, Norfolk and Australia. Hansen, Denmark and Canada. Williams, Canada. Warnock, Forsythe, Joyce, Sayers, in Ireland.

Offline tropicalj

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • six grandkids
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 21 April 09 08:15 BST (UK) »
I  must say  well done  Judith,  I  do  admire the way  you  go  the extra mile  to help out your fellow Rootschatters,

kind thoughts Jenn
When you search for ancestors, you find great friends!
I live in Townsville researching
TOWNSEND,PINNEGAR, STRANGE, PULLEN, GRIFFIN from Wiltshire,,
SHOEBRIDGE, VINALL, BRINDLE, Kent
BAYLEY, Dorset,Yorkshire,
HAIR, Durham,
CUMMINS, BROWNLESS from Yorkshire,
EDSALL,  Cornwall,
MORGAN, HENNESSY, BAKER,  Ireland.
VAN REYK Sri Lanka
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.au

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 21 April 09 09:51 BST (UK) »
Thank you Jenn for your kind words.  I have had so much help and learnt so much from Rootschatters that I am delighted to give a hand where I can, especially to 'chatters who are overseas.

A wonderful lady on the Wiltshire board drove 30 miles in UK and took 15 photos of a stained glass window my family donated to a church in UK.

Besides, it's such fun to chase these things up so it's not all for others  ;D :P LOL

Judith

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 22 April 09 03:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Mandy
I checked the Albury and Melbourne daily papers 8, 9 and 10 October (no papers on the 7th, a Sunday) for death or funeral notices for Eva but found nothing.

Judith

Offline auntie mandy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Meggie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 22 April 09 19:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Everyone

I have just come  back from a few days away and have checked my emails and have had the most wonderful surprise imaginable.

Judith has found Eva for me, I have been avidly searching for her for over a year now, I can't thank her enough.  I did become a bit emotional and walked around my work with a smile on my face all day.

I would like to Judith, Jenn, Cando, and  Mum Mum for all of your help, advice and kind words, all of which encouraged me to keep on looking and not to give up.

I have attached a few photographs of Eva, the first is the earliest photo i have of her and the second is her passport photo taken in 1965 and the third is one of the last photos taken of her (she most be in her very leate 90's).

I am about to email the kind gentleman at Albury Cemetary to ask if he will take a photograph of her grave for me, which I will then also post for everyone to see. 

Thank you all again.

Best wishes

Mandy
Creek - Devon, Cardiff, Australia
Chapman, Stokes, Chapman-Stokes - Somerset and Wales
Young - Cardiff,
Jung - Germany, India, Cardiff, South Africa
Hoffeld - Germany, South Africa