Author Topic: ggd of Mary Ann Scavenger Hunt...Everyone Welcome To Join In.  (Read 18885 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: ggd of Mary Ann Scavenger Hunt...Everyone Welcome To Join In.
« Reply #63 on: Wednesday 08 April 09 09:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Lesanne,
I will make time to do a chapter and verse up on my Dad's and two of his sisters researchings, and put on this thread, but it could be a day before I get through his scrawls.  Many thanks, Cheers MA
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday 08 April 09 09:58 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

Re Ralph HARTLEY, from 1871
RG10; Piece: 3697; Folio: 72; Page: 10; GSU roll: 842112.
Ralph (80 yrs) and a Waterman with wife Sarah (81 yrs) were at Perkins Yard, Witton. Both were born Northwich, Cheshire.
Cheers,  MA

The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday 08 April 09 10:11 BST (UK) »
Hi All,
I am not at all sure that Ralph and Sarah HARTLEY actually are part of Mary Ann HUNT's forebears, but just in case, the following clues are to do with this particular HARTLEY family.  Hope I am not leading any of you off track on my SMITH=HUNT brickwall.  Cheers, MA
More on Ralph HARTLEY and his wife Sarah
1861 Ralph Class: RG9; Piece: 4506; Folio: 231; Page:  ; GSU roll: 543296.

1841 Ralph and Sarah Class: HO107; Piece 120; Book: 12; Civil Parish: Great Budworth; County: Cheshire; Enumeration District: 3; Folio: 11; Page: 17; Line: 2; GSU roll: 241250.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday 08 April 09 10:37 BST (UK) »
Hi All,
Again, this could also be red herring type clue, but it is 1841, Thomas Wilkinson aged 20 at Dutton Class: HO107; Piece 92; Book: 11; Civil Parish: Great Budworth; County: Cheshire; Enumeration District: 10; Folio: 7; Page: 8; Line: 4; GSU roll: 241233.

I have not ever found the "key" to linking Thomas Wilkinson to Mary Ann HUNT, just that my Dad's and two of his sisters have pencilled his name and bracketted it with comment "Hunt's Lock" 1860 and there is pencilled line to Ralph Hartley on different scribble, (prob my aunty's scribble). 

I have no idea of how my Dad and siblings got that info, and I had always presumed it was only "oral" history, and they are long gone, AND their scribbles could have been made anytime between say 1950 and 1984, but most likely in 1971-1974, when I remember them spending many weekends trying to find their living relatives in Sydney NSW.  I have raised the topic (Ralph and/or Sarah HARTLEY) with my cousins, but names like "Ralph" and "Sarah" do not appear in any generations of the SMITH=HUNT tree, and they did name eight of their ten NSW born children, so if there was a naming pattern, perhaps those two names ought to have cropped up at some stage!

To save everyone going back looking for those children born in NSW, they were: (- remember of course that they could belong to either John (Ellington) Smith or Mary Ann Hunt's forebears, and of course "Nellie" could be variant of either ELLEN or of ELLINGTON, or just a popular name in NSW in 1880's - there were many girls given that as their first name in those NSW times, - Ellen, Helen, Nellie etc, I have several on my maternal line in that era, all born NSW, Australia)
If there is a "naming" pattern to their children, then the following may help: Laura b 1883, Nellie b 1885, Thomas Hartley b 1886, Mary Jane b 1888, Reuben b 1890, Rebecca b 1891, Annie b 1895 and Rachel b 1897. There was an un-named daughter born and died before Laura, and an un-named son born and died November 1892.

Cheers,  MA

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday 08 April 09 10:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Debs
In 1861 there is a HART HUNT = FEMALE bc 1852, Manchester, in 1861 who is a scholar in Worsley, Lancashire.

there is also a Hy Hunt 8 and an Eliza A Hunt 12 at the same school: Moral and Industrial Schools

deb
Debs, I have tried to find these on my ancestry sub, but to no avail, please, can you give me some pointers?  Cheers,  MA
FOUND IT DEBS   SORRY.

Offline Lesanne

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday 08 April 09 11:48 BST (UK) »
 :D Hi Ma,
Can you put up the census results.   Easier to go back to for reference.  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Berks Bucks Oxon= Norris Coxhead Turner Cox Weston Baston Simpson
Kent= Nicholls Mepstead Watts   Mile End=Craze Wood Bennett
Cork=Howe   NZ=Coxhead   Canada=Fenn Cox Turner

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Wednesday 08 April 09 11:56 BST (UK) »
Hi All,
Yep, I will get my records out for those census references, and put on this thread, but in meantime, I was about to post the following, as I have been online searchings through various ancestry records,
Hi everyone, I have just found a possible SMITH=ELLINGTON marriage, but it is 1844, and is CITY OF LONDON, ref Jan-March 1844, Vol 2, page 92.  I am not even sure which male married which female, but this is the closest I have come to ever finding a possible marriage in UK for Smith=Ellington (ie possible marriage of John Smith’s parents???) Of course I don’t have that GRO certificate, as I have only just found this online, but I will add to my own personal “wish” list for when I have spare pennies! Cheers, MA
Males on that page were Emmanuel Deyes; Lewis John Dubuisson; William Smith;
Females on that page were Emma Appleby; Charlotte Ann Ellington; Mary Ann Ferryman

Offline Lesanne

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Wednesday 08 April 09 12:00 BST (UK) »
I think there is a Worshipful Company of Waterman and Lightermen... or something like that.

:D
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Berks Bucks Oxon= Norris Coxhead Turner Cox Weston Baston Simpson
Kent= Nicholls Mepstead Watts   Mile End=Craze Wood Bennett
Cork=Howe   NZ=Coxhead   Canada=Fenn Cox Turner

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Wednesday 08 April 09 12:04 BST (UK) »
just tryingto catch up
are the Smith Ellingtons yours
and waterman thats what Abraham was is this the wrong family?
Holman & Vinton- Cornwall, Wojciechowskyj & Hussak- Bukowiec & Zahutyn, Bentley & Richards- Leicester, Taylor-Kent/Sussex  Punnett-Sussex,  Bear/e- Monkleigh Gazey-Warwicks

UK Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchive