Author Topic: First Name HENERADE (Henry)  (Read 633 times)

Offline MOM OF TWO

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
First Name HENERADE (Henry)
« on: Tuesday 07 April 09 21:17 BST (UK) »
I recently recieved a birth certificate for Henerade Hatfield born 1838 Nottingham, England. This man was known in his life has Henry Hatfield according to Census, Marriage Parish records, Death cert etc.

Has any fellow Rootschat members come across this first name ?  Is it a unusual name ?

The family Thomas Hatfield & Elizabeth Hatfield (formerly Oliver) had a previous child known has Henry Hatfield who died as a infant therefore I feel they wanted this child to have a different name.

Look forward to any replies.

Teresa

LYMBERY.  KNIGHT,  BROOKS, COCKERTON, DRAYCOTT, PAGE, TIVEY

NOTTINGHAMSHIRE &  DERBYSHIRE

Offline Carmela

• RootsChat Senior
  • Trixie
    • View Profile
Re: First Name HENERADE (Henry)
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 08 April 09 02:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Teresa,
Sorry, if this disappoints you, but I don't think there is any such name, either as a first name or surname. I searched several name sites, census records and freeBMD, your's is the only one. Probably a mistranscription of Henry.
Did you get the birth cert. from the GRO ? If so, you might try the county registry office and see if they have a different version of his name. GRO records have gone through several copying processes, so lots of chances for mistakes. Only last week I found a John mistranscribed as Julin, so it did happen, even with really common names.

hth,
Carmela
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationararchives.gov.uk

Current obsessions:
OXF: Rose of Wheatley and Holton 1700s
BRK: Stevenson of East Hanney 1600-1880s
BKM: Woodman of Wing
DEV: Youlden of Whimple
SOM: Smith, Gudge, Joy and Tett of Crewkerne

Offline Sandymc47

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Fowlers of Yorkshire since 1685
    • View Profile
Re: First Name HENERADE (Henry)
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 08 April 09 09:31 BST (UK) »
Hi there

I have looked on the net for you and the only reference to the name Henerade is that it is a Spanish name.  In the Spanish name I have found its a surname and could be a small village in Spain as they used place names as surnames in those days.
Maybe your family didnt want to remind themselves too much of their dead son so slightly changed the spelling as if you say the name Henerade you basically just change the sound at the end from a ay to a ade.
Otherwise, I havent come across it on my many searches of the census.
Good luck

regards
Sandymc
Midgley, Fowler, Chadwick, Kilvington, Routledge, Hewitt, Stevenson, Ward, Waite, Binks , Buck, Pearson,  Stanley, Firth, Child, Hobson, Rogers, all Leeds and Yorkshire for centuaries except the Routledges from Wigton, Cumbria and Middlesbrough. Related to McAllisters of Wilsontown