Author Topic: Loss of Family History Online  (Read 2613 times)

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Loss of Family History Online
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 11 April 09 22:50 BST (UK) »
Oh yes the 1851 census project, I signed up to that May last year to transcribe for Sussex and never heard back.   ::)

Thank you mean_genie, that page is very useful.  :)

Kerry
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline Siamese Girl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 12 April 09 17:11 BST (UK) »
Good for Sussex to take control of their own records - it's just unfortunate that it's another subscription to take out  :(

I liked FHO  :(
CHILD Glos/London, BONUS London, DIMSDALE London, HODD and TUTT Sussex,  BONNER and PATTEN Essex, BOWLER and HOLLIER Oxfordshire, HUGH Lincolnshire, LEEDOM all.

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 12 April 09 17:38 BST (UK) »
Fair enough Siamese girl but its a much cheaper sub than most sites at £11 a year and for that you get a quarterly journal and lots of help from like minded people. 

But yes I liked FHO too, it was my favourite site.  :(

Kerry
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline pjbuk007

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 12 April 09 18:15 BST (UK) »
But it does add up - I belong to three FHS. But I have close family tree members in 6 others - just too expensive to join them all.
BENNET(T); NRY- Brotton, CON
BURTON; NRY- Saltburn, Guisborough, Marske, Stokesley
Judge Newark Lincoln BURTON , USA
DALES; NRY- Brotton, LIN - Orby
DAVIES
GEORGE: GLA - Oystermouth & Penarth, CON
LINCOLN. Middlesbrough, NRY, Durham
PERRETT Gloucestershire
QUESTED London. Assisting with One-name Study.
TRASK; GLA - Cardiff, Barry etc, SOM - South Petherton
WESTED

Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Siamese Girl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 12 April 09 19:12 BST (UK) »
But it does add up - I belong to three FHS. But I have close family tree members in 6 others - just too expensive to join them all.

Yes that's the trouble, those plus An***try or FindMyPast or whatever and it all adds up, plus it was so useful to have ALL the parish records in one place.

Nothing ever stays the same!

Carole
CHILD Glos/London, BONUS London, DIMSDALE London, HODD and TUTT Sussex,  BONNER and PATTEN Essex, BOWLER and HOLLIER Oxfordshire, HUGH Lincolnshire, LEEDOM all.

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 12 April 09 19:21 BST (UK) »
We ain't seen nothing yet! Remember that the 1931 census was lost in the blitz, and the 1941 census never taken, partially replaced by a person count in September 1940 (closed until 2041) to enable the authorities to issue ration books etc. Just think of what they will want to charge to release this information. Thankful I'm unlikely to be here to see it! I shall be watching though from somewhere!!
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)