Author Topic: Rustidge Family of Mere, Cheshire  (Read 8090 times)

Offline prustage

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Rustidge Family of Mere, Cheshire
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 27 November 05 00:49 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that - sorry but Ive just seen your earlier post that had already answered the question!.

Here are two interesting census records:

1861 Census : Heath Side Gannon Sq , Knutsford.
Head of House :William Rustidge born 1803, Tabley
1871 Census : Heath Side Gannon Sq , Knutsford.
Head of House :William Rustage born 1803, Tabley

Williams name (and that of his wife and son) changes from -idge to -age between census' and remains that way in succeeding records. Here, the action of (most likely) the census taker has accounted for at least one transformation.

Phil

Offline srust

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 12 November 23 11:35 GMT (UK) »
Hello everyone,

I'm not too sure if this is the same family (or same branch of the family, at least), but I have read through the forum, and Great Budworth/Budworth has been mentioned a few times, so I'm hoping someone could possibly help me out here.

Through using Family Search, I've found that one of my ancestors (Charles Rustage, born either 1830 or 1831) was born in and lived in Great Budworth (before moving to Seavenoaks and Moulton later on).

His parents are George Rustage and Hannah (nee possibly Wilkinson from what I can tell?). Up until this point in my family tree, the last name had been spelt as Rustage, however, looking at records (particularly looking at the birth records for George Rustage's kids), it has been spelt as Rustige, Rustich, Roustedge etc.

The records I have found on George Rustage/ige/ich/edge have only been one marriage record between him and Hannah, and the rest are birth records for his children. He was possibly born around 1798, and he possibly married Hannah in 1825. Does anyone else have this ancestor? If so, could anyone provide any information, like parents, birth year etc, just so I can continue tracking my family back?

Thanks.

Offline Brookstar

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 02 December 23 13:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi “srust”

I have just seen your message and I am currently working on the Rustage tree for the same branch that you are working on. My family friend is a Rustage and he Charles Rustage born 1830 is his 2nd great grandfather.

Kate