Author Topic: barnston essex  (Read 3153 times)

Offline johnallot

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: barnston essex
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 26 April 09 15:00 BST (UK) »
Hello Darren, thankyou for your reply well i am surprised to find a relative, likewise i have only just started using a site like this.ok on your grandparents, i remember Dennis and Vera, as we sometimes visited them and i also remember going out in a small boat with Dennis. My Grandmother was Amy and lived in Stapleford Abbots, i can remember our Great grandparents fairly well, as i was born in 1955 and visited them in Barnston. ok on the pictures i have a couple of them also . I dont know if you know this  Please excuse mistakes as i have not mastered a computer yet, best wishes Johs  Charles father was Robert Halls born 1842 in Thurston and mother was Emma Hervey born 1844 in Drinkstone . many thanks John Charles  father was Robert Halls and he was born in 1842 in Thurston and Charles mother was Emma Hervey and she was born

Offline K2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 29 August 09 15:55 BST (UK) »
I have recently discovered this site and don't know how to use it properly but saw this post!  My Great Great Grandfather used to be a Clerk at Barnston in around 1932 i wondered it anyone had any info on this? He lived in the rectory in 1901 i believe.  His name was Charles James Alexander McDonell Moore Ward (Bit of a mouthfull) There was a Grave Alice Rosa Bonheur Ward when i visited when i was younger i think this was either his daughter or his wife ??? Any info would be greatly appreciated Regards Karen

Susan Emma HALLS    
Date of burial:    24 Nov 1961
Age at death:    
Calculated year of birth:    Not known
Place of burial:    Barnston St Mary, Essex

Charles Edward HALLS    
Date of burial:    17 Jan 1976
Age at death:    
Calculated year of birth:    Not known
Place of burial:    Barnston

It would also seem that this couple have a memorial of some description.
Hi

I see Sue you have found a MI for this couple
I have the Barnston fiche and the dates you give are actually their death dates rather than burial

Quote:- " My predecessor as rector of Barnston Rev. A Morgan Parry gave the church wardens (and Rural Dean) to understand that he kept a burial register at the vicarage, Little Dunmow but when he retired this was not found, The following lot was compilied from the inscriptions on the headstones"
 A.R. Jack March 1994

He then lists 60 gravestones dating from 1940 to 1981 and Susan Emma Halls and Charles Edward Halls are among those listed, with the dates you have given hunnie.

regards
Kath x

Offline johnallot

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 31 August 09 16:35 BST (UK) »
Hello Karen, many thanks. I have only used this site a couple of times, so i am not very sure, but the best way possible is to post your request on the beginners page, i am sure you will get some help. best regards John.