Author Topic: 1899 Poor Law List for Crieff  (Read 1232 times)

Offline CaledonC

• RootsChat Extra
  • Great grand father James Plowman of Wick Caithness
    • View Profile
1899 Poor Law List for Crieff
« on: Monday 13 April 09 20:03 BST (UK) »
Over the last few years I have  transcribed and put on my web site a number of lists of the 1832 Electoral Roll  covering most for  the Strathearn Parishes of  Perthshire . I have just added the 1899 Registered Roll for Crieff required under the Poor Law Acts listing " Paupers and their Dependants " . This type of  information for Perthshire has not , as far as I am aware , been generally made public on the web .In a sociological as well as genealogical sense it reveals a lot about our ancestors . It gives not only the name but the age and address of the individual , their  " condition " ( single , widow etc )  and why they are listed . Time permitting I hope to add some more Parishes to the Electoral Roll as well more from the Poor Law lists .On a different tack I have a passion for old buildings and have added a pictorial plea to show the damage to our local  heritage here in Strathearn . Web site is http://caledonianconnections.com

Col
Lamont Nicol Plowman Cormack Begg Leith Bremner Sharp Cram Barr McFarlane Mayall Hutcheson Hutchison