Author Topic: UK Incoming Passenger List, look-up please  (Read 937 times)

Offline Ozdot

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
UK Incoming Passenger List, look-up please
« on: Tuesday 14 April 09 09:50 BST (UK) »
Would someone who has access to A......'s UK Incoming Passenger list please look up one of my rellies?

She was my great aunt, Charlotte Elizabeth Mulliner, born 1873 in Pimlico, London. 

In 1912 she went to the USA on the "Caronia" ex Liverpool.  The very kind person who tracked down her entry into America also found a Miss C E Mulliner on the Incoming List to Port of London but with no other details.

I am curious to know if Charlotte did indeed return to UK as she was not listed on the 1920 US Census.

Her sister, my grandmother, Maria Louise has successfully hidden herself behind a brick wall so I am trying to find out something of her twin sisters, Charlotte and Frances.

Any help with this look-up would be much appreciated.

Dot.

Dorset - Cole, Roberts,
Northants - Mulliner, Shaw
Oxon - King, Palmer, Hedges
Lincs - Dawson, Wills, Simons
Derbys - Wills, Widdowson, Peach, Turner
Kent - Wolfe, Bowen

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Rosalie Mathilda Jönsson 1916-1999
    • View Profile
Re: UK Incoming Passenger List, look-up please
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 14 April 09 10:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Dot,

Here are the details, but it's before she went to the USA, if she is the right person:

Miss C E Mulliner
Port of Departure -  Calcutta, India
Arrival Date  -  10 Jun 1911   
Port of Arrival -  London, England
Ports of Voyage -  Calcutta, Colombo and Suez
Ship Name -    Somali
Shipping Line -    Peninsula and Orient Steam Navigation Company Ltd

The only other detail is that she was a 1st class Saloon passenger

Kind regards
Barbara
 :)
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline Ozdot

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 14 April 09 14:49 BST (UK) »
Hi, Barbara,
Thanks for being so prompt with your reply to my query.

Well, what interesting information!  The main problem now is trying to find out if she is my great aunt Charlotte Elizabeth.

When she left Liverpool to go to America she listed her next of kin as Francis M Mulliner who was definitely her twin sister.  But this lady from Calcutta could be someone else entirely.

Where to now??

Your help is much appreciated,
Regards,
Dot.
Dorset - Cole, Roberts,
Kent - Wolfe, Bowen

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Rosalie Mathilda Jönsson 1916-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 14 April 09 15:37 BST (UK) »
Sadly that voyage is after the UK 1911 census date, have you checked the 1911 index for any of them?  Did Frances stay behind in England?

questions, questions  :D
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline Ozdot

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 15 April 09 02:07 BST (UK) »
You are right, Barbara, questions, questions.  It seems when searching for answers we take one step forward and two steps back very often.
I have had a rellie check the 1911 Census but she found nothing.  Having said that, Miss C E Mulliner didn't arrive in England until June, and I think the census was done in March?
I'm not sure about Frances, the last I had of her was the 1901 when she was in Hampshire and then she was in Liverpool in 1912 probably to farewell her sister going to the US.
As for my grandmother Maria Louise - I give up.  Her husband and son emigrated to Australia in 1909 saying he was a widower, but there is no record of her daughter Kathleen and no death records.  Maybe they separated and went their own ways.
Anyway, it keeps up busy doesn't it?  Though I am off to mah-jong now and that is addictive too.

Cheers,
Dot.
Dorset - Cole, Roberts,
Kent - Wolfe, Bowen