Author Topic: Margaret Violet O`TOOLE  (Read 1247 times)

Offline grandma

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • James Lynch Ferrigan & Isabella Craig
    • View Profile
Margaret Violet O`TOOLE
« on: Tuesday 14 April 09 18:23 BST (UK) »
Hi All.

Have had help on this board before, and will try again with another request.

Margaret Violet O`Toole, .Apr. 10,1892. Parents Thomas William O`Toole and Mary Fulton Irvine. I cant make out the birth place, it,looks like it could be Hundred of Eacrerd in the district of Clare. I rec a copy of the birth reg but rather difficult to read.

Mary fulton O`Toolel was only 15 when she gave birth to Margaret and was shortly after deserted by O`Toole. Mary later on remarried but I believe that Margaret was raised by her grandparents Margaret and John Irvine.

I have a copy of Margaret Irvines obit where it states a Miss Maggie was one of the mourners. She was definitly not a daughter so am assuming it is the missing Margaret Violet. This was in Young in 1917. She would have been about 25 in 1917.

Wondering if anbody could help in finding information about Margaret Violet, perhaps a marriage. Don`t know if she used the name O`Toole or Irvine, Irwin, Irvin.

Cheers.

Mary in Norway

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Its my Party - I can eat cake
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret Violet O`TOOLE
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 14 April 09 22:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Mary,

Firstly, Margaret was born within the hundred of Everard Clare. Clare is a town about 90 miles north of Adelaide, now a large wine growing region. In those days a farming community. Rapid growth in the area these days. The hundred of Everard is out of town, Blythe direction, possibly towards Snowtown. (Certainly still farm land)

Cheers Kris  :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 14 April 09 23:00 BST (UK) »
Here is the marriage

PORTER William Allen 31 Single father William PORTER = IRVINE Margaret Violet 29 Single father John IRVINE 25 March 1922 Res of W Burford North Croydon Dist Hin 290 980

2 births listed to 1928 - will PM details as they may still be living. Cut off point for births here is 1928 so may well be more.

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 14 April 09 23:05 BST (UK) »
Here is her death so no more than 1 other child.

PORTER Margaret Violet died 26 Nov 1930 Hospital Adelaide Dist Ade 525 76. She was aged 38 years, married, res Dublin, rel husband William Allen Porter.

Offline grandma

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • James Lynch Ferrigan & Isabella Craig
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 15 April 09 08:42 BST (UK) »
Good Morning Kris.

Thanks ever so much for looking up this info. wonderful!! I have sent this on to my rellies, who are decendents of Mary Fulton Irvine.

My paternal grandmother and Margaret Irvine were sisters from Scotland and thanks to Roots Chat I,ve found scads of family members in Oz. Now I have more to add to my tree.

Thanks once again.

Cheers,

Mary in Norway.