Author Topic: marriage between 1901-1904  (Read 2804 times)

Offline welshspencer

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
marriage between 1901-1904
« on: Tuesday 14 April 09 20:15 BST (UK) »
Hi trying to find a marriage of

Edward Jenkin Sweeting born 2 Sept 1866 Llantwit Major he is living in 4 commerical Road Barry, Glamorgan  in the 1901 census gaed 34 years and a genral labourer and single. his first child was born 23 Dec 1904, at a public house in Barry can anyone help find the marriage tried Free BMD but could not see one.

Regards

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: marriage between 1901-1904
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 15 April 09 11:44 BST (UK) »
Looks like you have the childs birth cert -
so mother's name and maiden name would be useful!
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 15 April 09 11:47 BST (UK) »
Hello Spencer and Liz - I had a really good look for this family last night and nothing!

Liz is right, we need all the information you have please!

I found other children born after 1911 and tried to find the relevant marriages but not sure that they belong to your family - help us to help you!

Kind regards, Arranroots  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline osprey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 15 April 09 14:19 BST (UK) »
some more info on this post

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,370769.0.html

I'm wondering if there isn't a marriage because of a prior one
Edward Sweeting dec qtr 1896 Bridgend vol 11a pg 1134 with Joanna John and Mary Jane Jones on the same page. Might be worth getting the cert if just to eliminate. Not many Edward Sweetings around the area.

By the way, its his baptism that was 2/9/1866 IGI batch C057111 Edward Jenkins Sweeting son of Edward & Margaret. 
Cornwall: Allen, Bevan, Bosisto, Carnpezzack, Donithorn, Huddy, James, Retallack, Russell, Vincent, Yeoman
Cards: Thomas (Llanbadarn Fawr)
Glam: Bowler, Cram, Galloway, James, Thomas, Watkins
Lincs: Coupland, Cram
Mon: Cram, Gwyn, John, Philpot, Smart, Watkins
Pembs: Edwards (St. Dogmael's)
Yorks: Airey, Bowler, Elliott, Hare, Hewitt, Kellett, Kemp, Stephenson, Tebb

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 15 April 09 14:37 BST (UK) »
There's a Mary J SWEETING who is a servant b 1871 Llantwit in the 1901 census. She says she's unmarried though.

I think waiting for the 1911 census might be another course of action - shouldn't be long now!

(For the record - wife should be Edna May HUGHES, if I read the other thread correctly)

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline osprey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 15 April 09 16:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Arranroots,

the Mary J is his sister I think. At least, there's a Mary J of the correct age with Edward & Margaret in 1881. I've been trying to match up the marriages from that ref, but the other male is William Jones.  ::)

Father & son seem to be the only Edward Sweetings in the county, so the marriage looks interesting. 

;)
Cornwall: Allen, Bevan, Bosisto, Carnpezzack, Donithorn, Huddy, James, Retallack, Russell, Vincent, Yeoman

Offline osprey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 15 April 09 16:17 BST (UK) »
just found a Wm & Joanne Jones in Ogmore with a 3 year old daughter, so they could be the other couple from the 1896 marriage ref (RG13/5045 folio 111 pg 22)

So, now for Mary Jane ?, born ?, aged ?

:-\

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 15 April 09 16:49 BST (UK) »
I must admit I didn't find the sister - thanks.

There don't appear to be any suitable Mary SWEETING deaths in the right sort of timeframe between the marriage and the birth of the child in 1904.

I wonder what other children Edward had?  Was the 1904 one registered as a SWEETING and were any others?

There don't seem to be any SWEETING babies on the 1901 census that aren't with parents - and none of the parents is Edward or Mary Jane!

Offline osprey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 15 April 09 16:52 BST (UK) »
well, I'm getting a bit speculative. I can see a 29 year old Margaret J Sweeting born Llantwit Major, a married servant at Gigman Mill in Llandough RG13/5048 folio 64 pg 14.
Can't see a likely Sweeting marriage to a Margaret.
Can't see a Margaret Jones in Llantwit, but can find a Mary J Jones and in 1881 she's with her family on the previous census page to Edward Sweeting's parents and brother & sister.

:-\