Author Topic: COMPLETED without a conclusion -Kingston b 1832 to Sydney NSW arr 1859 and later  (Read 6260 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Kingston b 1832 to Sydney NSW arr 1859 and later
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 16 April 09 05:23 BST (UK) »
Ta David,

Thanks for helping sort out my confusion over Ecc Parish and Ecc District and Ely.

I suspect that Mrs Martha Smith's forebears at least on the Wonner line may have arrived in Cams from Moselle in France perhaps around say 1789 avoiding the Revolution!

But I will contact ancestry and ask them to address their headings at least for the images from 1871 for that part of Cams!

Of course, I am still trying to figure out if my John (Ellington) Smith born Ely abt 1840 has any connection to anyone in Cams, and if so, is there any connection to George Smith or his siblings born Kingston or to Ann Ellington or Rebecca Smith or to anyone by name of John Smith  ::)!

Cheers,

MA
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Kingston b 1832 to Sydney NSW arr 1859 and later
« Reply #10 on: Monday 01 June 09 00:54 BST (UK) »
Hi All,

I have not been able to advance the search at all, so I will complete the thread without any conclusion.

MA
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
Don't forget the hiring fairs David. I have had ancestors in Lincolnshire who on the face of things were brought up 40 miles apart, they must have met at the aznnual hiring fairs held in the larger towns.Also someone may have been a village carrier.
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline sandymich

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: COMPLETED without a conclusion -Kingston b 1832 to Sydney NSW arr 1859 and later
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 21 January 15 08:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I know your thread is now over 5 years old. Did you find any further info on George smith after his arrival in nsw? I was researching the widow of my ggg grandfather and discovered that she married a George smith in 1861 who was a widower. Her name was charlotte Maria mills.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: COMPLETED without a conclusion -Kingston b 1832 to Sydney NSW arr 1859 and later
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 21 January 15 09:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,

Welcome to RootsChat, it is the very best place for help with family history quests.

I can assure you though, that "my" George is NOT the chap who in October 1861 in the Morpeth district of NSW married Charlotte MILLS. 

If you need help with any of your ancestors, RChat is the place to come to for help.   

Cheers,  JM

Offline sandymich

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 21 January 15 23:22 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for replying and verifying.  :)