Author Topic: Queensland births - WARWICK family  (Read 1516 times)

Offline Lallygirl

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Queensland births - WARWICK family
« on: Wednesday 15 April 09 07:39 BST (UK) »
Hi
I have newly discovered that I have a 1st cousin twice removed that settled in Australia in 1924 as part of a settlement scheme from England. I have now discovered his marriage from the Historic Marriage records online at the Queensland justice website.

Now I would like to find any children of this marriage but the online indexes only go up to 1914. Can anybody help me?

Patrick noel Warwick married Lily ellen Augustine in 1929. ( I will be ordering the certificate)
In the 1936 Electoral Rolls they seemed to have different addresses so I am not sure what this means in the terms of their marriage.
Lilly Ellen Warwick was at Wondai, Wide Bay, Queensland
Patrick noel Warwick was at Cloyna, Murgon, Queensland.

So I am thinking any children born of this marriage would be between 1929 - 1936.

Any other ideas of how I can search for this family. I live a 3 hour drive from the state library in Western Australia so my options are limited to mainly online.
thank you
Jackie
Interested in the surnames of Pizzey, Halfhide, Argent, South, Fanning, Killham and Dell.
Interested in the areas of Essex, Middlesex, Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire,  Ontario Canada and Australia

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
Re: Queensland births - WARWICK family
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 15 April 09 08:04 BST (UK) »
Wondai and Murgon are only 10 minutes drive apart. Both towns are rural, so it is likely that they were both, or one was working at one of the addresses.

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 15 April 09 09:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Jackie,
I had a look at the monumental Inscription index for the Murgon Cemetery and their names do not appear there.

This, of course,  doesn't mean they are not buried there.

Here is a link to the Shire Council containing email and postal addresses to a range of services and institutions in the  shire.
An inquiry may pay off.

http://www.southburnett.qld.gov.au/council/contact_council.shtml

Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Keengeni

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 15 April 09 09:43 BST (UK) »
On the 1936 roll Lily is at Wheatlands, Wondai.  This could be a name of a property or as it was the trend in the 1930's, the name of their home.

1949  Qld electoral Roll
Lily Ellen Warwick -  Pryde Street Ipswich   H Duties
Patrick Noel  Warwick  -  Pryde Street Ipswich  Labourer.

Is there a link for cemeteries in the Ispwich area?

There are restrictions in all states of Australia for birth records and the online records are the limit of the available records in Qld.

Qld archives and probably some other places have deaths on fiche to ?1968

Offline Lallygirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 15 April 09 10:58 BST (UK) »
Wow Thank you Keengeni, sparrett and Jamjar

the information you have all provided is fantastic. I am just about to google Ipswich, the cemetery is a good idea and I might even have a look at the white pages.

I think i will need to plan a trip to the State library next week to look up some microfiche :D
Interested in the surnames of Pizzey, Halfhide, Argent, South, Fanning, Killham and Dell.
Interested in the areas of Essex, Middlesex, Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire,  Ontario Canada and Australia