Author Topic: A******y log in  (Read 2401 times)

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: A******y log in
« Reply #18 on: Friday 17 April 09 16:12 BST (UK) »
It's always the adjective in front of the word "Ancestry" that gets asterisk-ed in my postings...

;)  Pauline
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline ricky1

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Mum and Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 17 April 09 16:14 BST (UK) »
Is there any particular reason why you are unwilling to spellout the word Ancestry?

I think you will find it's something to do with copyright, when posting info on here, perhaps a MOD can clarify

ricky

That doesn't seem likely.  I've always spelled out the word and have never been admonished by a moderator for doing so.

I said when posting info on here. why make a mountain out of a mole hill ???
Ricky (1954 - 2010)

Harby,Garton,Drury,Duncombe,Booth,Catton,Barker, Kirkby, Wilson. Lincolnshire, <br />Also Murkin's, Jeffery,Pettitt,Carter, from Suffolk/Cambridgeshire boarder<br />Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online Erato

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Old Powder House, 1703
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 17 April 09 16:19 BST (UK) »
Is there any particular reason why you are unwilling to spellout the word Ancestry?

I think you will find it's something to do with copyright, when posting info on here, perhaps a MOD can clarify

ricky

That doesn't seem likely.  I've always spelled out the word and have never been admonished by a moderator for doing so.

I said when posting info on here. why make a mountain out of a mole hill ???

I'm sorry but I don't understand your remark.  What mountain?  What molehill?
Wiltshire:  Banks, Taylor
Somerset:  Duddridge, Richards, Barnard, Pillinger
Gloucestershire:  Barnard, Marsh, Crossman
Bristol:  Banks, Duddridge, Barnard
Down:  Ennis, McGee
Wicklow:  Chapman, Pepper
Wigtownshire:  Logan, Conning
Wisconsin:  Ennis, Chapman, Logan, Ware
Maine:  Ware, Mitchell, Tarr, Davis

Offline ricky1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Mum and Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 17 April 09 17:02 BST (UK) »
I'll put it in plain english then, the question at the begining of the thread was anybody have probs with Ancestry, then you asked why dont people spell it in full, which had nothing to do with the question being asked. I gave an answer to your question, as I had a post deleted cos I mentioned Ancestry in full on a look up I did. Making a mountain out of a molehill, is an expression about someone making something out of nothing, or to put it bluntly just stirring up trouble over nothing, which you seem to be good at
Ricky (1954 - 2010)

Harby,Garton,Drury,Duncombe,Booth,Catton,Barker, Kirkby, Wilson. Lincolnshire, <br />Also Murkin's, Jeffery,Pettitt,Carter, from Suffolk/Cambridgeshire boarder<br />Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online Erato

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Old Powder House, 1703
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 17 April 09 17:09 BST (UK) »
I'll put it in plain english then, the question at the begining of the thread was anybody have probs with Ancestry, then you asked why dont people spell it in full, which had nothing to do with the question being asked. I gave an answer to your question, as I had a post deleted cos I mentioned Ancestry in full on a look up I did. Making a mountain out of a molehill, is an expression about someone making something out of nothing, or to put it bluntly just stirring up trouble over nothing, which you seem to be good at

You seem a bit testy.  Take a break and calm down.
Wiltshire:  Banks, Taylor
Somerset:  Duddridge, Richards, Barnard, Pillinger
Gloucestershire:  Barnard, Marsh, Crossman
Bristol:  Banks, Duddridge, Barnard
Down:  Ennis, McGee
Wicklow:  Chapman, Pepper
Wigtownshire:  Logan, Conning
Wisconsin:  Ennis, Chapman, Logan, Ware
Maine:  Ware, Mitchell, Tarr, Davis

Offline ricky1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Mum and Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 17 April 09 17:18 BST (UK) »

You seem a bit testy.  Take a break and calm down.

I am calm, if I wasnt I would have been kicked off the site. Anyway this is Dee's thread, so I aint going to get in a slanging match on it. So I'll apologize to Dee.

ricky
Ricky (1954 - 2010)

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 17 April 09 17:37 BST (UK) »
I got a message about being "timed out" when I tried Ancestry earlier this afternoon, but it's OK at the moment.

Lizzie