Author Topic: Lambert Family Galway  (Read 3159 times)

Offline rebdoig

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Lambert Family Galway
« on: Saturday 18 April 09 19:09 BST (UK) »
Help, i am a frustrated lambert descendant who is hitting her head against a brick wall.
I am a descendant of Thomas Lambert (my great grandfather)  b1854 in Oughtergard. He immigrated to New Zealand in 1775 with his father Rev William Lambert. William supposedly was "asked" to leave Ireland with his family (family rumour, so cant prove it). William was married to Mary Jane Bingham, a school teacher. They were married at Clifden in 1852. Williams' father was also Thomas Lambert who was married to Eliza Wainwright. Thomas was a military officer.  The family is supposed to be descended from the Lamberts of Athreny (from either Castle Ellen or Lambert) and related to Sir Edward Carson.  However, i am stuggling to find any concrete proof of my lineage! Any info gratefully received!

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Lambert Family Galway
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 18 April 09 19:29 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat but are the dates you've posted correct?
I am a descendant of Thomas Lambert (my great grandfather)  b1854 in Oughtergard. He immigrated to New Zealand in 1775 with his father Rev William Lambert. William supposedly was "asked" to leave Ireland with his family (family rumour, so cant prove it). William was married to Mary Jane Bingham, a school teacher. They were married at Clifden in 1852.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline rebdoig

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 18 April 09 20:31 BST (UK) »
OOPS, thats what happens when you write the same names and dates over and over again!!! I did of course mean 1875!  :P

Offline reebrov

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 04 May 09 20:03 BST (UK) »
Rebdoig, I am a descendant from the Castle Ellen line and do not see a link here.  Try http://familylambert.net/History/index.htm

The site author is a descendant from the Castle Lambert line.

Reebrov
Lambert, Date.