Author Topic: Grace Darling MAJORBANK & Thomas Burn SAMSON  (Read 4581 times)

Offline Kiwi Girl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Thanks for your help, I'll try and help too
    • View Profile
Re: Grace Darling MAJORBANK & Thomas Burn SAMSON
« Reply #18 on: Monday 24 May 10 04:32 BST (UK) »
I would love to catch up with you  ;D

I had put his on the 'way too hard to tackle at the moment pile.

;D
Jamieson (Aberdeenshire / Otago). Watt (Aberdeenshire/ Southland), Lane (Nova Scotia / England / South Island), Brown (Paisley / Abbey Eat Taieri), Houseal/  Hausihl (Germany / Philadelphia / Nova Scotia / Dover / South Island), Gillespie (Glasgow / Ireland), Farquharson, Urquhart, Kaua (East Coast, North Island), Hughes (Anglesea / East Coast, North Island), Boyd (Scotland / East Coast, North Island), Bulfin (south Island)

Offline export

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 24 May 10 11:45 BST (UK) »
Seems I need 3 posts before I can send a personal message. I have a book written by Ivan, one of Mabel's grandsons, unfortunately I hadn't found out the error with the name then. I have a few pictures of Mabel, a beautiful woman, GG, his parents etc.

Offline Kiwi Girl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 24 May 10 22:59 BST (UK) »
Is that 'Port to Pasture' - I love that book, in fact it's on my desk as we speak ;)
Jamieson (Aberdeenshire / Otago). Watt (Aberdeenshire/ Southland), Lane (Nova Scotia / England / South Island), Brown (Paisley / Abbey Eat Taieri), Houseal/  Hausihl (Germany / Philadelphia / Nova Scotia / Dover / South Island), Gillespie (Glasgow / Ireland), Farquharson, Urquhart, Kaua (East Coast, North Island), Hughes (Anglesea / East Coast, North Island), Boyd (Scotland / East Coast, North Island), Bulfin (south Island)

Offline export

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 24 May 10 23:06 BST (UK) »
No this one is called Ancestry and Anecdotes and has lots more specific stuff on Mabels family, lots of pictures too.Stephanie and Ivan did this one in 1999. Ivan may still have copies but I don't know where he has moved to since Stephanie died.

Offline Kiwi Girl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 24 May 10 23:16 BST (UK) »
Wow, I would love to have a copy of that too. 

Port to Pasture was published by the Gisborne Herald - is Ancestry and Anecdotes too?  Maybe I could get a copy that way.  Mum bought copies of Port to Pasture directly from them a few years ago, it wasn't until I got some hints from a Grand Aunt that I put names and face together.

There is a possibly listing for Ivan in Napier, but the last address I had for him was in Gizzy.

:-\

Offline export

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 25 May 10 02:19 BST (UK) »
you have reached your limit so I can't send you a pm but yes Ivan was in Napier and he published the book himself, has a page on Jack and his wife and 3 daughters, photos etc. You may want to send me a PM with your email so I can scan and send and answer any questions you may have. Mabel was my grandmother's 1/2 sister, there was a 20 year age difference between them.