Author Topic: 1901 census records for County Armagh now available  (Read 8196 times)

Offline OTTO

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
1901 census records for County Armagh now available
« on: Tuesday 21 April 09 17:07 BST (UK) »
Over 29,000 1901 census records for County Armagh are now available at : http://armagh.brsgenealogy.com/

OTTO

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1901 census records for County Armagh now available
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 21 April 09 17:16 BST (UK) »
From the website looks like it's free to search but then you have to pay for any details. National Archives, Dublin will eventually have 1901 and 1911 online (free).
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline TF13

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Emain Macha
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 23 April 09 18:43 BST (UK) »
well spotted OTTO, i got notification on your post before the e-mail from ifhf letting me know about this so you were pretty quick :)

just a wee word of warning to anybody who might be tempted to spend the 5 euro,or £5 because it's roughly the same now,click on the sources button on the homepage and check if the parish or townland they are interested in has actually been computerized yet because there are a large amount missing including most of armagh city,portadown and lurgan(to be added in the future).

the national archives cant be that long before they have the 1911 on their site ::) followed by 1901, all free, so think of your pocket and be patient if you can ;) but if you cant; then be careful!

tony

Offline liscoole

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Mary Hall nee Nevins 28-9-1914 - 16-3-2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 28 April 09 12:29 BST (UK) »
Anyone have any idea when the National Archives will have the rest of the 1911 records online? On the website it says " between now and mid 2009"- surely we are now at "mid 2009" and there has been no progress since last December?  ???
MAGEE (Dungannon Tyrone to Shankill Belfast, to Whitehouse Co Antrim,) HALL (Lisnaskea, Fermanagh to Yan Yean, Melbourne Australia) McIVOR (Whitehouse, Co Antrim), McCULLOUGH (Markethill, Armagh), DEMPSTER (Ballymena, Co Antrim to Belfast), CUMMING (Glasgow), EVANS (Llandysill, Montgomeryshire to Belfast), NEVIN/ NEVINS (Ballynahinch, Co Down to Belfast), EMMS (Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey), HURREY (Yan Yean, Whittlesea, Melbourne), FINLAY- Jane, of Co Down, m James McIvor 1867. HOBSON Tyrone

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 28 April 09 13:02 BST (UK) »
Each stage of putting the records online has been way over the dates announced so it's really just a matter of wait and see when the next records will appear.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!