Author Topic: ELLIS family to Australia  (Read 3311 times)

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: ELLIS family to Australia
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 23 April 09 05:13 BST (UK) »
Maureen there are these enrolments on the electoral roll - but once again no way of knowing if it is your Annie and Walter.  It is difficult to find your couple with you not being sure of the name of Annie's husband.  I think we have searched for a Charles as well.

Australian Electoral Rolls
ELLIS Annie  Drake Street, Bayswater  HD
ELLIS Walter  Drake Street, Bayswater  Postman

ELLIS Annie  2nd Avenue, Maylands  HD
ELLIS Walter 2nd Avenue, Maylands  Postman

On a family tree done by my cousin she has writtten down Dorothy,Molly and Ottoas being children of Annie Ringrose
Births to 1905 in WA have the names of the parents on the indexes and I see no births for Dorothy, Molly [could be a nickname] and ?Ottoas.  Is it possible to contact the author of tree and if not, someone else in the family. 

Is it also possible that Annie and family only lived her for a few years? 

Cheers
Cando

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 23 April 09 07:15 BST (UK) »
Can anyone look up a possible immigration for Walter Ellis. In 1890 he married an Annie Clark who may be my great aunt. I know she went out to Australia sometime ---probably between 1890 and 1910.Annie was born in 1869 .
Thank you
Ringrose

Maureen have you the marriage cert for the Walter Charles ELLIS marriage in 1890 -

I note that Annie is not shown as Annie Elizabeth CLARK.

Marriages Sep 1890 

CLARK Annie  Dartford    2a/807    
COSHALL Esther Amelia    Dartford    2a/807    
ELLIS Walter Charles Dartford    2a/807    
FEISTS  James  Reigate    2a/807    
GORING  John     Dartford    2a/807

Cheers
Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Ringrose

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 23 April 09 09:14 BST (UK) »
Thank you all so much for your help.I have printed all the letteres and will study them.I was lucky to find info about my 2 guncles Albert Edward Clark and Percival Harry because of their war records.I found 2 children for Albert and Agnes Clark  Charles Percival 1922 at Port Hedland and Dulcie 1923. Charles Percival was obviously named after Percival who died at Passchendale    his brother Albert was close to him at the time. Alberts father was a Charles. I aslo fFrom what you have said it is likely the 2 boys went found a death for Charles Percival in the Perth area .
I really appreciate the work you have put in
Ringrose
Mann Ringrose Prior( West London)Prior (Halstead Colchester and Sudbury)Ringrose (Northants) Clark(sussex  Bath)Light(Shropshire West London)Barber(Northants)Gaudern (Northants)Piper(Suffolk)Carter (Essex)Nightingale,Stiles,Dunk,Hedgecock(Kent)Mann(south Devon )Le Cronier,Le Quesne,Poingdestre,Esnouf,Le Guyt,Anley.Le Carteret(Jersey)Clark(Bath,Batcombe,and Nyland )
er(essex)Nightingale(kent Sussex)Sutton (sussex)