Author Topic: Burials in Kilmadock parish.  (Read 75076 times)

Offline valr

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Burials in Kilmadock parish.
« Reply #90 on: Friday 29 April 11 10:47 BST (UK) »
carrumba - Ken has the Edinample link on his site (Alexander)
Scotland -McCall, King, Morrison, Thomson, Mcfarlane, Stewart, Dow, Jolly, Roberston, Christie, Mclaren, Campbell, McGregor
England - Roberts, Steel, Underhill, Brookes, Pope, Stump

Offline Clintcochrane

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: Wednesday 29 June 11 09:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Jeff,

Just wondering if you are the same Jeff who has put together the family tree of the Garlicks .
Clarence Cochrane was my great grandafther and i looking for any information you have please.

cheers
Clinton Cochrane
Berwick Vic

Offline McGregorGirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: Sunday 03 July 11 06:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Monks09,
I hope your generous offer still stands! I live in Australia and believe my relatives were living in Kilmadock in the mid 1800s. I was wondering if the grave of Isabella McGregor is there, she probably died in 1851 or 1852. Her son was John McGregor. I was hoping that her grave might reveal some more information to help me further trace back my family history.
Thanks!
P.S. I like your outfit :)
Clan McGregor and Clan Stewart

Offline monks13

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: Wednesday 06 July 11 21:52 BST (UK) »
I will see what I can find. If it's mid 1800  it maybe New Kilmadock Cemetry or the Old Church graveyard, had a look in the Old Kilmadock burials but no Isabella.
The outfit is one of the costumes from Monty Python and The Holy Grail which they filmed a lot of here at Doune Castle.  Kenny

Offline McGregorGirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: Wednesday 06 July 11 23:09 BST (UK) »
Hmm, its possible she died a bit later but probably not much later as she was 72 in 1851. Its been a really difficult family for me to trace, if anything turns up i'd be thrilled. Thank you so much for helping! And I love Monty Python!!

Offline macian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: Thursday 07 July 11 21:53 BST (UK) »
Death 1859 Kilmadock Mcgregor Isabella mothers name King other surname Hart
1851 Census Isabella Mcgregor living with son John and grand children Janet and Isabella.
Born Mountriall America

Offline McGregorGirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: Thursday 07 July 11 23:11 BST (UK) »
macian, i've seen this one and I think its two different Isabella's. Because the one living with John and his family in the census was born in Mountraill like you said (which I suspect is Montreal Canada), but the Isabella that's mother's name was King was actually in the Balquhidder birth records. So I think they are two Isabella's born and dying around the same time, one born in Balquhidder and one born in Canada. Thanks anyway!

Offline MARYS1995

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: Saturday 09 July 11 18:16 BST (UK) »
hi monk,
was wondering if you would know if there was a grave in kilmadock for a james stewart b 1869 at east murdieston in doune,d 1877,his parents robert stewart 1849-1934,janet mcgregor 1848-1916, and a sister christina stewart 1889-1891 are buried in doune,i have been up several times,my parents and g/parents are buried there ,but so far no james,if you could shed any light on this i would really appreciate it,
thanks mary
stewarts and mcgregors,gibsons,perthshire,mcintosh denny area.thomsons bannockburn,kerr,stevenson,thomsons and mooney ireland

Offline Bermudagirl

• RootsChat Member
  • Wimbledon 2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: Thursday 04 August 11 12:04 BST (UK) »
Hi!
I was wondering if there was anything for a John Forbes, born abt 1791 in Kilmadock. Lived at Cauldhame Farm. His children married various Carlyles, McDearmids, Peeks and Sturrocks. I think he had died by the 1871 census. I don't know who his parents were definitely, but they MAY have been John Forbes born before 1764 and Katherine Stewart b abt 1765. I have the wife of John Forbes (b abt 1791) as being Margaret Buchanan, b abt 1812 in Callender. It looks like once John died, his son (also called John) took over the running of the farm.
Any help would be much appreciated.
My John Forbes was my great great grandfather.

Pat
Atkin (Cambridgeshire) Duke (Angus) Gray (Sprouston) Sturrock (Fife) Starforth (Co. Durham) Bewell (Canada)