Author Topic: Burials in Kilmadock parish.  (Read 75072 times)

Offline TigerPurr1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Burials in Kilmadock parish.
« Reply #99 on: Friday 05 August 11 19:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Kenny,

On a trip to Scotland in 1999 - I wandered the parish and New Kilmadock cemeteries for my ancestors' grave sites.  While I found a few descendants that were cousins, I didn't find the ones I was looking for and suspect they're in the Old Kilmadock graveyard.  Unfortunately, between time constraints and rain - we didn't visit the Old Kilmadock graveyard. 

Next time you wander out there - would you mind looking for:

Henry Drummond MacEwan  b. 1799 d. 1873
Henry's wife:  Elizabeth Duncanson b. 1799

Henry's parents:

Thomas MacEwan b. 1777
Jean Wilson b. 1780

Thomas' parents:

Thomas MacEwan b. 1739
Catharine Moir

Elizabeth Duncanson's parents:

Peter Duncanson b. 1764
Agnes Ambercrombie b. 1760

Peter's parents:

Robert Duncanson b. 1735
Kathrine King b. 1737

Robert's parents:

John Duncanson b. about 1700
Janet MacEwan b. about 1700

Or any MacEwan, Duncanson, King or Ambercrombie gravestone?

I have a cousin who is taking a trip to Scotland in September - she might visit Doune and Deanston.  If she does and is interested in seeing the old grave yard - would you mind taking her out there? 

Kenny - thank you for your aid - I appreciate it!

Debbie

Offline TigerPurr1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: Saturday 06 August 11 22:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Kenny,

Thank you for the PM - it looks like I have to post a few times to be able to reply.  So post #2. 

Offline ab325

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: Friday 25 November 11 21:56 GMT (UK) »
Is there a website to search a list of burials in Kilmadock Parish/near Doune from early to mid 1800s?
Bryce (Doune), May (within 15 miles of Edinburgh), McLaren

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: Saturday 26 November 11 02:49 GMT (UK) »
hi monk,
was wondering if you would know if there was a grave in kilmadock for a james stewart b 1869 at east murdieston in doune,d 1877,his parents robert stewart 1849-1934,janet mcgregor 1848-1916, and a sister christina stewart 1889-1891 are buried in doune,i have been up several times,my parents and g/parents are buried there ,but so far no james,if you could shed any light on this i would really appreciate it,
thanks mary
Hall (Dunblane) Robertson (Clackmannanshire) Sneddon (Clackmannan) Cramb (Perthshire) Marshall (Clackmmannan) Michie (Clackmannan) Stewart (Perthshire) Ferguson (Perthshire) McKay (Perthshire) McLaren (Perthshire) Moir (Perthshire)
West Yorkshire - Allott, Riley, Charlesworth, Barker, Harper, Rubery, Darlison, Vaughan.

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: Saturday 26 November 11 02:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi Marys - Wondered if you have had any more info re James Stewart 1869 not sure of date of death, another James born 1882. I have not been able to find burial places either for Robert Stewart 1849-1934 or Janet McGregor 1848-1916, nor can I find a birth for Christina 1889-1891 ?? I know that Janet McGregor died at Doune Mill Cottage, Kilmadock but that was as far as I got.  My interest is Peter McGregor Stewart 1873 who married my g/g/aunt Janet Ann Stewart  in 1896, her parents were Robert Stewart 1827-1898 and Jean Ferguson 1830.
Will have a fiddle around with SP and see if I can find anything else.
Am away from home at the moment so do not have access to my written records  ???
Regards patvp
Hall (Dunblane) Robertson (Clackmannanshire) Sneddon (Clackmannan) Cramb (Perthshire) Marshall (Clackmmannan) Michie (Clackmannan) Stewart (Perthshire) Ferguson (Perthshire) McKay (Perthshire) McLaren (Perthshire) Moir (Perthshire)
West Yorkshire - Allott, Riley, Charlesworth, Barker, Harper, Rubery, Darlison, Vaughan.

Offline MARYS1995

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: Saturday 07 January 12 19:11 GMT (UK) »
hi pat,
         sorry i haven't got back to you sooner,december is a total christmas month for me,i'll have a wee look thru my records nxt week,when hubby's on back shift and see what i can find for you,although i do know that christina,her father robert stewart and her mother janet mcgregor are buried [in the same grave]at kilmadock cemetary in doune.robert and janet were my gt/grandparents,i only found this out recently when i found a 3rd cousin....my interest is duncan stewart

take care
            mary
stewarts and mcgregors,gibsons,perthshire,mcintosh denny area.thomsons bannockburn,kerr,stevenson,thomsons and mooney ireland

Offline firthy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: Friday 03 February 12 20:04 GMT (UK) »
Hello Monks09
Hoping your offer still stands for looking up burials and photographing the headstones.
Have just started researching my husband's Scottish Roots which are through his Grandmother, a McFarlane.
I have traced her Grandparents to Kincardine.  They were
Alexander Mcfarlane born 1805 Balquidder died 11/06/1879  at Wood Lane Kincardine
Catherine Mcfarlane (McNie) born 1809 Kincardine died 28/01/1885  at  Doune Kilmadock
Alexander's siblings were    Duncan born 1793 Balquidder
                                            Donald  born 1795 Balquidder
                                            Robert   born 1797 Balquidder  
                                          Margaret born 1799 Balquidder
                                            John      born  1803 Balquidder
In the 1814 Drummond Moss census Alexander,his parents and siblings were living in Kirk Lane Kincardine Robert married Jean Dickson in 1829 in Kincardine
Not sure what happened to Alexander's other s
Her GGrandparents were
John McFarlane born 1758 Balquidder died 1841 or after
Jannet Mcfarlane (Carmichael) born 1767 died 1841 or after
I think John and Jannet died and were buried in Kilmadock as I found them on the 1841 census living in Kirk Lane but could not find them on the 1851 census.
Hoping you will be able to locate any of the above.
Many Thanks
Firthy

Offline JulieQ

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: Sunday 01 April 12 01:58 BST (UK) »
Hello Monks09

Thanks for your generous offer.  I am in Maitland NSW Australia (near Newcastle) and I have ancestors named Thomson buried in Kilmadock Churchyard. 

Elizabeth Thomson died 21 Jan 1860 and her death registration states she was buried in the Churchyard of Kilmadock.  At the time of her death she was living at Ochtertyre,  Doune and the informant was James Thomson who also lived at Ochtertyre - I think he was a gardener there.
Previously Elizabeth had lived at Scribetree in Doune with her father John Thomson.  I think John died between 1841 and 1851 as he was missing from them 1851 census but was on the 1841 - aged 90.  So I think he is buried there as well.

Also seeking burials of Catherine (Katherine) Thomson nee Bowie who was John Thomson's wife.

If you are able to assist I will be most grateful.
 :)
Kind regards

JulieQ
Britten GLS; Bryant GLS; Chandler KENT/SSX; Churchill SOM; Hogan TIP IRL; Hogg Glasgow & NSW; Linscott DEV; Lyford BKS,OXF NZ & QLD; Perry MDX & QLD; Potter SSX; Quigley/De Rusett MDX; Quigley TIP IRL; Shaylor BKS/OXF; Silvester DEV; Thomson PER SCT; Weldon INDIA, UK & QLD; Wells ROTHERHITHE MDX

Offline Elmca

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: Monday 09 April 12 16:02 BST (UK) »
Hi there, I am looking for McAlpine graves in Kilmadock please. 

I have found Walter and Elizabeth McAlpine married in Port of Menteith in 1814 and it looks like they moved to Kilmadock with their family at some point. 

their children were: John b.1815 Janet b.1817 Robert b.1824 Walter b.1826 George b.1829 James b.1831 David b.1834 - there were likely a few in between who did not survive.

Elizabeth died in Kilmadock in 1870 age 77 years.

I found 2 other deaths for Elizabeth Scobie McAlpine age 2 (1863) and Elizabeth McAlpine age 14 (1878) who also died at Kilmadock. 

It would be great to know if there are any surviving stones.

My husband is a McAlpine and his link is through his grandfather Robert McAlpine who's parents were Walter McAlpine & Isabella Bain who were married in Kilmadock June 1878.  Walters father was Robert, son of Walter and Elizabeth.  (I hope I've got that right!)

Would love to hear from anyone with a connection as just started this tree.  Thanks :)

Young (Midlothian/Berwickshire/Fife)
Gibb (Ayrshire/Lanarkshire)
McCulloch (Ireland/Lanarkshire)
Affleck (Ireland/Midlothian)
McFadzean/McFadyen (Ireland/Ayrshire)
Sommerville (Ayrshire/Motherwell)