Author Topic: SA help with HANKS please  (Read 2660 times)

Offline iwonder_who

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: SA help with HANKS please
« Reply #9 on: Monday 27 April 09 02:50 BST (UK) »
Thanks Cando!  Yes have found his wife and descendants.  Also got a photo of his headstone at the cemetary  they were buried together.

Am trying to work backwards now lol....  am expecting both Harry and Agnes' death certificates in the mail any day.  This will greatly help me with Harry ... have many of Agnes'  from contact made with someone with her in the tree and have been able to confirm most details. 

Did you have any luck on the passenger list side of things?
Davis, May, McAuliffe, Hanks, Jetson, Merrifield, Curtin, Collins,  Achilles, Fenner, Hourigan, Crocker, Chapple, Mormon, Stephens, George, Richards

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 27 April 09 03:52 BST (UK) »
Hi

Wonder why Ida's name wasn't on the Victor Harbor cemetery headstone list? 

I don't have access to the CD I mentioned.  Perhaps a visit to a library or family history/genealogy society who has the CD listed, may be on the agenda for you ;D 

I am wondering about their separate journeys from South Africa to WA...they were both on the 1916 WA electoral roll albeit at different addresses. The photo, if it included William Stanton HANKS, would have to be prior to his marriage in SA in 1911.  The youngest dau looks a bit older than 5 years of age and she was born 1905.

I had a bit of a wait for my WA certs...not a speedy service and expensive as well.

Cheers
Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline iwonder_who

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 27 April 09 03:57 BST (UK) »
You are not wrong about expensive.... and three of the five I ordered I have now found answers to myself after much digging around lol.   Never mind we live & learn.  WIll definately chase up a society close to me.... always something new to learn!

The 2 buried together were William and Rachel....  Old Ida is actually still kicking on!  Good for her
Davis, May, McAuliffe, Hanks, Jetson, Merrifield, Curtin, Collins,  Achilles, Fenner, Hourigan, Crocker, Chapple, Mormon, Stephens, George, Richards

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 27 April 09 04:12 BST (UK) »
Ah yes at the Cheltenham Cemetery reply#5. 

Try google for a library of geni society near you.

Certs may reveal more valuable info however.

Cheers
Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline iwonder_who

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 27 April 09 04:16 BST (UK) »
I am scared old Harry Hanks' death certificate will give no details at all.   That will be a waste of money,  he is the only leg I really dont have anything prior to him or any siblings  wahhhhhh :(

Lets hope someone somewhere someday... lol

Cheers Cando!