Author Topic: Aberkenfig baptisms, where do I find them?  (Read 7109 times)

Offline Mags23

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Aberkenfig baptisms, where do I find them?
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 26 April 09 00:56 BST (UK) »
Hi again, not sure if this will work, I'm not that good with computers, from the info. I got tonight this link should show you where Jenkins Row was, it was demolished before 1960 and ran at a right angle to the main road (Bridgend Road).   If you would like further info. on the area please pm me.  There is a Library in Aberkenfig which may have more information for you and I have been told that a Cafe on the main street has old maps of the village.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&hl=en-GB&rlz=1T4GGIH_en-GBGB278GB278&q=Aberkenfig

Good luck

Mags
Vaulter/Valter/Vauter/Vater - Somerset (Exmoor area)
Quartley, Berry, Bond, Feiven, Fevan, Pasmore, Pugsley, Pool

Offline Mags23

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 26 April 09 01:20 BST (UK) »
Sorry, just checked the link, I went wrong somewhere, please pm me with your email address so I can keep on trying until I get it right, don't fancy everyone here knowing how stupid I am :-[
Vaulter/Valter/Vauter/Vater - Somerset (Exmoor area)
Quartley, Berry, Bond, Feiven, Fevan, Pasmore, Pugsley, Pool

Offline rebekahm28

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 27 April 09 12:06 BST (UK) »
I think the word is helpful not stupid  ;D    really appreciate you looking.  Will pm my email address.
Casaubon (Geneva, London), Daulinge, Berners, McMullen (Nottingham), Tabb (Leics), Mycock (Derbys & Staffs), Gilbert (Notts), Price (s Wales), Krilovs/similar, gypsy Roberts, gypsy Clark, Bexell (Sussex), gypsy Elliott, Raven, Neligan (Co Kerry), Rymer, Newton (Hull).

Offline charris13

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 14 August 16 20:57 BST (UK) »
Hi I know this is an old thread, but I've just started looking into my family tree and came accross this site loooking for3 Jenkins Row. Part of my family on my mothers side is Elward and Price and I've now founf that both surnames have lived at 3 Jenkins Row...my search continues, and is taking a while as I'm new to all this. Hope you had some luck in finding the info you wanted way back in 09?

Offline rebekahm28

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 15 August 16 09:44 BST (UK) »
Over the moon you've replied - I'm camping with limited wifi but if you private message me I ll send my email when I can. I have so much to give you, nobody else seemed to be researching this family. Annie price (the eldest of the kids) was my great great granny, her mum Mary died in an asylum.
Casaubon (Geneva, London), Daulinge, Berners, McMullen (Nottingham), Tabb (Leics), Mycock (Derbys & Staffs), Gilbert (Notts), Price (s Wales), Krilovs/similar, gypsy Roberts, gypsy Clark, Bexell (Sussex), gypsy Elliott, Raven, Neligan (Co Kerry), Rymer, Newton (Hull).

Offline charris13

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 15 August 16 16:39 BST (UK) »
Lovely weather for camping :)
I will try to message you on here, new to the site so not quite sure where it is.
I wonder if our family tree is connected, sounds like it may be...how exciting.
This is all new to me and it was slow going at first, but is getting more and more addictive.
Have a great holiday & thanks so much for the help.
Carin

Offline Smokey20

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 15 August 16 20:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Carin, welcome to rootschat. You need to post one more message (simply reply to this if you like) then you can use the PM facility....

Underneath Rebekah's picture there are 3 little icons.... hover over them and the one on the right is the PM one. Press that and send her a message. Good luck. 

Offline charris13

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 15 August 16 20:37 BST (UK) »
Thank you for that heads up Smokey20

Offline AuntieP

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 07 January 23 14:46 GMT (UK) »
I know this is an old thread, but just in case someone else is looking for the whereabouts of Jenkins Row, I have found it! My 2x great grandparents lived there at the 1891 Census, as did my great grandmother when she was a child. Her father was an iron puddler.

If you look at a contemporary map, look for the dead end of Dunraven Street as it curves towards Park Road (the B2481). Jenkins Row was on the south side of Park Road. I hope this Google Maps link works: https://goo.gl/maps/qoABHMUfEHanGDVE8

I've tried to attach an 1870s map but as I'm typing this, I can't see if it's worked or not. Fingers crossed!
Bailey-Jacobs-Brown-Wayland
Harris-Horn-Cooch-Mardon
Davies-Evans-Jones-Rees-Howells