Author Topic: Bohemia Estate Eastwood  (Read 41217 times)

Offline CitizenSmith

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Bohemia Estate Eastwood
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday 31 May 11 22:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Caroline

Thanks. I saw today that there's a birth registered for a Frances M Draper in 1912 in Rochford registration district, mother's surname Smith.

That being the case, Frances could be a daughter of Elias Draper and Caroline Smith who were living in Bohemia Estate in the 1911 census but recorded under the surname Smith rather than Draper on this occasion.

The only other Drapers living there in 1911 were an Ambrose Draper and his wife Annie plus a son Joe and a daughter Livie.

Any of these ring any bells?

Sharon
Smith - East Anglia & Lancashire
Taylor - East Anglia
Draper
Hope
Shaw
Gray
Boswell
Lovell
Robinson
Chilcott
All Blackpool Gypsies
"Royal Epping Forest Gypsies": ball-giving group
"Borrow's Gypsies": the people that the novelist George Borrow (1803-1881) knew and wrote about

Offline caro c

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Thursday 16 June 11 08:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Sharon,
 in searching i have found a John Elias Brooks buried at eastwood church  so noting the middle name i'm guessing that he is linked to my Frances who could be the daughter of the Elias Draper and Caroline Smith you mentioned. The Burial number on the list the church gave me is the same (802 ) as frances. i am just awaiting a little more info from the church warden. I was wondering what you think.
Regards
Caroline
Hi Caroline

Thanks. I saw today that there's a birth registered for a Frances M Draper in 1912 in Rochford registration district, mother's surname Smith.

That being the case, Frances could be a daughter of Elias Draper and Caroline Smith who were living in Bohemia Estate in the 1911 census but recorded under the surname Smith rather than Draper on this occasion.

The only other Drapers living there in 1911 were an Ambrose Draper and his wife Annie plus a son Joe and a daughter Livie.

Any of these ring any bells?

Sharon
Brooks,Lamb, livermore, Buckley, Scarrott, Draper

Offline sylv57

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Thursday 16 June 11 11:23 BST (UK) »
hi caroline hope all is well with u .the grave u are talking abt at eastwood church which is frnace mays grave i think she was buried with her son john .as far as i know she died first then john .so think that how they both have same grave number 802.hope u getting some info from church warden
sylvie

Offline CitizenSmith

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Thursday 16 June 11 14:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Caroline

I see that John Elias Brooks died in 1987 in Southend registration district, with a birth-year of 1931. The corresponding entry in the birth index shows that his mother's surname was Draper.

Best wishes
Sharon

Taylor - East Anglia
Draper
Hope
Shaw
Gray
Boswell
Lovell
Robinson
Chilcott
All Blackpool Gypsies
"Borrow's Gypsies": the people that the novelist George Borrow (1803-1881) knew and wrote about

Offline CitizenSmith

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Thursday 16 June 11 15:02 BST (UK) »
Hi again

It looks like there's a gravestone in Eastwood churchyard commemorating Frances and John Elias. Their names are included in the Monumental Inscriptions index of the Essex Society for Family History.

Sharon
Taylor - East Anglia
Draper
Hope
Shaw
Gray
Boswell
Lovell
Robinson
Chilcott
All Blackpool Gypsies

Offline Lamb1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday 06 March 12 19:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sylvia,
I'm not sure how how to message you...have only just registered !
Are you a cousin of Georgina ?

Offline sylv57

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday 06 March 12 19:04 GMT (UK) »
hi georgina.s dad and my dad are 1st cousins

Offline its a small world

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday 27 March 12 10:22 BST (UK) »
hi silvia57, seems im related to you 2! lizzie your nan is a relative of mine x

Offline social-butterflies

• RootsChat Senior
  • essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday 27 March 12 19:32 BST (UK) »
hi all.
i may have given you this on a different thread, but a selina rose was baptised to shadrack & frances may brooks 11/03/1934 at eastwood church. i searched online and a selena r brooks has mother listed as a draper for a baptism in 1934.
also baptised to them is anthony leonard 02/06/1940 only this time she used may brooks and dropped the frances. again online the search shows mothers maiden name was draper.
the grave you refer to has frances may brooks 25/01/1912 - 03/12/1973 and son john elias brooks 24/05/1987 aged 55yrs
there is another grave there with frank brooks 20/05/1949 17yr cedric brooks 14/10/1954 21yr and his baby son stephen cedric 19/01/1955, all in same grave.
a 3rd grave states clara brooks 21/01/1940 66yr & charlie richard brooks 16/02/1957 84yr a 4th grave states sarah ann brooks 18/09/1986 86yrs & clara brooks nee stone 17/03/1987 48yr
futher burials are selina brooks 19/01/1914 age 15yrs
albert brooks 18/04/1929 14mths old
william brooks 07/09/1936 61yrs
i am unsure if these above 3 entries are for eastwood church as i have not listed it in my notes  >:( but they are definatley in essex.
an online search shows a sheldrick brooks marrying a frances m draper in j/f/m 1931 at rochford essex (eastwood was in that duristriction at the time)
and lastly shedrick brooks and frances may draper were witnesses at the wedding of rodney buckley to annie spencer in dec 1930 and both signed their own names :)
hope this might help with a link .........somewhere :D
buckley
webb
boswell (shadrack line)
pearse
lee
smith (inc epping forest)
heron
bibby