Author Topic: 1901 census look up please. Brennan Clonegal.  (Read 8598 times)

Offline finglaspete

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1901 census look up please. Brennan Clonegal.
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 27 October 09 21:56 GMT (UK) »
just looked up the baptism on rootsweb

1893 Apr 25 Brennan Thomas Johnbrennan and Catherine kelly  Ballyredmond

http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~irlcar2/Clonegall_1893.htm
All the other children of this family have there mother as catherine according to the transcription on rootsweb.
I know that it says that john brennans wifes name is margaret on the 1901 census, maybe one of two things, first the census ennumerator(the person who took the census details) wrote down margaret by mistake, or secondly, and more interestingly was john married a second time?
I hope this has been of help.
all the best
pete
curran, carlow, dublin.
 doyle, carlow.
 gaul, carlow
cooke, kilkenny
kelter, kilkenny
mills, kildare and queens
jones, Caernarvonshire
brophy, carlow and dublin
o'rorke galway and carlow and laois
taylor, london
kelly, dublin and cavan

Offline jackie0051

• RootsChat Extra
  • Email is working again..
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 03 November 09 16:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi you guys, many, many thanks for your information, unfortunately I've not been keeping up to date with the site because my young foster child has been seriously ill for most of the year with an unidentified virus, he's now much better and on the road to recovery.
The last month has been hectic getting ready for a visit from my Irish and American side of the family, they've now all left so  I can get down to dealing with my many emails.
I spent months and months researching the Brennan's of Clonegal, because I was sent details that the young Thomas had a travelling show and his father Thomas had been a land steward, it all seemed to fit, so spent a small fortune getting births, marriage and death certs only to discover that it's probably not my Brennan's.
The certs show that the Thomas I thought was Thomas the land steward was in fact a farm labourer and couldn't read or write and he died 1905 whereas on my Thomas's wedding cert 1907 Co Cavan his father is not listed as deceased...but it hasn't been to no avail, the old boy who was giving me the info (grandson of Thomas the father was thrilled with the BMD certs infomation and I also had the Carlow Webmaster put the certs on the site just in case any other researcher needs the info.
I will also mail details to the Carlow website of all the info you have put on the site, I'm sure that they will be thrilled.
In the meantime my Thomas Brennan's remain a mystery.
Thank once again.
Kindest regards Jackie
Brennan. Harden. McElhinney, Towhey, Lovely- Towhey, Loval Towhey. Pattingale, Bentley. Scott. Pool.
Kilkenny, Dublin, Co. Donegal. England. Berwick on Tweed. Birmingham. Manchester America, New York, Oregan.

Offline finglaspete

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 03 November 09 23:06 GMT (UK) »
hi again, thanks fort getting back to me.
if i can be of any further assistance, please ask, as i would like to see if you can sort out you thomas brennan.
I am in dublin, and can look up alot of this stuff, most of which would be free, so why not?
all the best
pete
curran, carlow, dublin.
 doyle, carlow.
 gaul, carlow
cooke, kilkenny
kelter, kilkenny
mills, kildare and queens
jones, Caernarvonshire
brophy, carlow and dublin
o'rorke galway and carlow and laois
taylor, london