Author Topic: Medical records  (Read 8642 times)

Offline Quigs

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Medical records
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 31 July 11 22:01 BST (UK) »
I don't know if Robert had brothers and sisters, but his father was William and his mother was Margaret Bourke.  Patrick is a name that runs through each generation of my mother's family.  Robert and his wife had one son, my grandfather William. The Ryans mentioned above are my mother's paternal family, her mother's family were also called Ryan and lived  in Lancashire, Leeds and Bradford.
My other Ryan gr grandfather, Timothy, definitely had a brother called Patrick.  Family stories say that Timothy born about 1862 in the Tipperary area went to America with his brother Patrick as young men.  In 1891 Timothy was in England and living in Bury in Lancashire with his wife and first child Katie, as he is in the 1891 census with them.  In 1901 he was married at Leeds Register Office, living at Harper Street, he is in Bradford by 1904 when my grandmother's youngest sister Johanna was born.  As far as I know Patrick also came back from America and lived in Bradford, I would imagine if he had sons he would have called one of them Patrick.  There were other brothers of Timothy and Patrick who also lived near to my mother when she was a child, I know there was a Thomas, a Joseph and James, as far as I know they were a large family.
Have you any addresses where your Ryans lived in Bradford and surrounding areas, also what other surnames are you looking for?

Offline Alan Ryan

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 01 August 11 10:42 BST (UK) »
My gt granddad Patrick appeared fom nowhere in 1891 and married Mary Davis, he was 44 and she was 23. In 1893 Granddad William was born and not long after he was dumped in an orphanage, Pat & Mary disappeared again. I found Mary back in Kendal in 1895, getting married again and using her maiden name. There's no sign of either of them on the 1891 census and addresses include; 268 Ripon St, 28 King Charles St and 24 Captain St. There were also several other Patrick Ryan's living in the same area which I've researched and discounted, maybe your Patrick is one of them or possibly the same person ? ? ? :-\ . Alan
RYAN-Atkinson-Mallison-elsworth-Widdowson-Davis-Threapleton-Bolderson-Sagar.. IRELAND-Bradford-Bingley-Fewston-Barnsley-Ecclesfield-Doncaster-Wakefield-Kendal

Offline Quigs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 03 August 11 11:21 BST (UK) »
Alan
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.  Armed with questions I have just been talking to my aunt who lives in Bradford but unfortunately she couldn't tell me anything, she just says that there are a lot of Ryans in Bradford and people didn't talk about things in those days, also she is old so perhaps can't remember things the same. Patrick is certainly the right age to have been a brother or cousin to my great grandfather.  Have you still got information on the Patrick Ryans you have discounted? if so I would appreciate seeing it.

Sorry I couldn't be more help but if I learn anything else I will let you know.

Offline Quigs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 03 August 11 11:43 BST (UK) »
Alan
Further to my answer below, when I was talking to my aunt this morning, I thought her ears pricked up when I said the name Davis, although it's not the person you are looking for, I have had a look on Free BDM and it looks as if my grandmother's brother, Timothy Ryan was married to Gertrude Davis.  It must be my grandmother's brother because I know he was married to a woman called Gertie.  Children of Timothy and Gertrude were Timothy, Terence, Joseph and Mary.
This might be worth looking at further.

Offline Alan Ryan

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 03 August 11 12:20 BST (UK) »
Send me your email quigs so I can return you copies of all my certificates, if any of them interest you, let me know and I'll see if I have any old scraps of paper in my files with more details.  *    ;D   Alan

(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php
RYAN-Atkinson-Mallison-elsworth-Widdowson-Davis-Threapleton-Bolderson-Sagar.. IRELAND-Bradford-Bingley-Fewston-Barnsley-Ecclesfield-Doncaster-Wakefield-Kendal

Offline Liz_in_Sussex

• RootsChat Veteran
  • "We wunt be druv."
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 04 August 11 10:52 BST (UK) »
Good luck with the search for medical records, Alan. 

I used the site which Sue (Scarletwoman) suggested to track down my Great Grandfather's hospital records from 1908.  It wasn't easy, and there were several false leads, but well worth it in the end when I actually got to look at the notes detailing his last days. :o  :'(

Maybe because it was over 100 years ago - there weren't any restrictions on reading them - even though, as the eldest daughter of the only son of the only son, I'd have put up a good argument!!  8)

Hope you find the information you are sekeing.  :)
Research interests:
Sussex (Isted, Trusler, Pullen, Botting), Surrey (Isted), Shropshire (Hayward), Lincolnshire (Brown, Richardson), Wiltshire (Bailey), Schleswig-Holstein (Isted),  Nordrhein-Westfalen (Niessen).

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Alan Ryan

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 04 August 11 11:14 BST (UK) »
Morning Gataki, the medical records search came to nothing about 2 years ago, as does most searches on my male line, Too many secrets and no existing records. The good thing about Roots chat is that all the advice and information is retained and can be revisited in the future when possibly new records have been added. Alan  :)