Author Topic: Looking for a Death in Nantwich in the 1860s  (Read 1820 times)

Offline thindle

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Looking for a Death in Nantwich in the 1860s
« on: Tuesday 28 April 09 19:21 BST (UK) »
I am Looking for a death of Emily Doyle after the 1861 census where she was living at Swine Market Nantwich Cheshire. Emily would have been about 38yrs old in 1861. I can't seem to find her anywhere.
In 1871, her husband, Michael Doyle states he was a widower.
Please can someone help. Thankyou Tess

Offline Jayson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a Death in Nantwich in the 1860s
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 29 April 09 09:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Tess

As you have given a specific time frame for Emily's death, I'll have a look in the Nantwich burial register for you.

Jayson
"This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline hepburn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 29 April 09 10:35 BST (UK) »
Just a thought.........Emily Doyle age 45 married ,occupation assistant,birthplace Ireland lodging with the Seal family at St George road Cheltenham ,Gloucs'.RG10/2673/42/page 32...1871 census.
stoke on trent. carson,wain,leese,shaw,key,scalley,mitchell,<br />james,<br /> nottingham,pollard,grice,<br />derbyshire,vallands,turton,howe.<br /> new zealand,turton<br /> canada,carson.<br />australia,mitchell,scalley,<br />

Offline thindle

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 29 April 09 11:53 BST (UK) »
Thankyou to both of you. Jayson, do please look at the deaths and hepburn you could be right. If it is her why would her husband say he was a widower? at the 1871 census and the 1881 census where he is a patient at the Little Sisters Home for the Poor and aged in Birkenhead. Is there any sign of her son Patrick J on that census you found in 1871?
Thanks Tess

Offline Jayson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 29 April 09 12:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Tess

Just looked at the Nantwich burial register but couldn't find Emily.  :( I wonder if she was away from home when she died? Was Nantwich her birth place or was she born elsewhere? Ireland?

"This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline thindle

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 29 April 09 13:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Jayson, Emily was born in Ireland They must have landed at Liverpool where they had PatricK J in 1848. They then moved to Longton Staffordshire where Michael George (my gtgrandfather ) was born in 1850. Then they moved to Nantwich.They were there in 1861 on the census at Swine Market all 4 of them.the father was 45yrs old one son 13 and one son 11yrs.
Later in 1871 only the father Michael was on the Cheshire census at Seaville St Chester age 55yrs, where he said he was a widower.
I also found another census in Lancashire in 1871 in a Lodging House Barrowford where it shows Michael age 55yrs a widower and son Michael
George unmarried both correct ages.I know people can't be in 2 places at once . But this is a mystery.  Now, unless Emily lived with her other son Patrick and I think he lived in Pembrokeshire. I don't know.
I have the father's death in 1887 Birkenhead. But Emily ???
Thanks Tess

Offline hepburn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 29 April 09 14:57 BST (UK) »
Sorry Tess,I can't see your Patrick anywhere in the 1871...
stoke on trent. carson,wain,leese,shaw,key,scalley,mitchell,<br />james,<br /> nottingham,pollard,grice,<br />derbyshire,vallands,turton,howe.<br /> new zealand,turton<br /> canada,carson.<br />australia,mitchell,scalley,<br />

Offline thindle

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 29 April 09 15:08 BST (UK) »
Ok Hepburn,
Thanks for looking. Do you think that the Emily could be the one you found in Cheltenham. And she must not have died then?

Offline hepburn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 29 April 09 15:29 BST (UK) »
I think there's a good chance it's her.....She could have married again....I don't know where to look for her... ???