Author Topic: WILLIAM KING 1745-1802  (Read 1125 times)

Offline flasorsa

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
WILLIAM KING 1745-1802
« on: Friday 01 May 09 05:22 BST (UK) »
LOOKING FOR WILLIAM KING BORN 29 JAN. 1745 EDINBURGH, MIDLOTHIAN
HE JOINED A BRITISH REGIMENT SOMETIME BETWEEN 1765 & 1772. HE WAS SENT TO NEW JERSEY TO PROTECT THE LOYALISTS ABOUT 1772-1773?
HE JOINED THE COLONISTS APPROX. 1774. WILLIAM HAD A COUSIN NAMED SIMON COOL. I'M TRYING TO FIND WILLIAMS PARENTS IN SCOTLAND AND THE CONNECTION BETWEEN COOL & KING. THANK YOU FOR ANY IDEAS OR ASSISTANCE. I HAVE ALOT OF INFORMATION ON WILLIAM KING AND SIMON COOL WHEN THEY WERE IN THE REVOLUTION AGAINST THE BRITISH, BUT NO INFORMATION FROM SCOTLAND.
                THANK YOU, LARRY J. KING

Offline nanato5

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: WILLIAM KING 1745-1802
« Reply #1 on: Friday 01 May 09 07:59 BST (UK) »
there are 2 william kings coming up on igi  born same dates but 2 different wifes,elisabeth tharpe,marraige about 1773,new jersey,and martha reeder 25th march 1779 jaysburg new jersey,williams death 2nd oct 1802,no children with martha,,but 2 daughters,with elisabeh tharpe,sarah king born,1774,new jersey,died sept 19th 1850,ruth king born 1776 new jersey,elisabeth tharpe died ,10th june,1778,( 2 year after ruth was born)ope this helps,eva
mcgilp & pringle,kilbride ,bute                                                 
mackie,fife .                                                                 
brabender& pringle,glasgow.edward biggar,peebles                                                 
pringle&brown,& aitken,glasgow ,                                                           
wight,east lothian & borders.little,lothian.

Offline flasorsa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: WILLIAM KING 1745-1802
« Reply #2 on: Friday 01 May 09 16:16 BST (UK) »
THANK YOU EVA FOR YOUR HELP. I HAVE PLENTY OF INFORMATION ON WILLIAM KING AND FAMILY HERE IN THE U.S., BUT NONE IN SCOTLAND. THE HELP AND YOUR TRYING IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED BY ME. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
L. KING